Owner Experience Thread - Miscellaneous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Considering a 250 purchase soon. Trying to decide if a new 27 model is worth it or if the SLIGHT used discount is smarter. (Found a low mileage non premium package 24 for 58k)

Are there any problems specific to the 24s that were fixed in subsequent years? I’m tracking the added things like the snorkel and ventilated seats in the new year, but I’m more concerned with issues that may have been corrected.

Thanks!
Hello,
I am in same neighborhood as you (VB) and have a 24' FE. I have heard only minimal issues with 24's and even that seems to be hit or miss. The largest issue seems to be a brake squeak when in reverse, and this is resolved at no expense at the dealer with new pads. There is lots of talk of this on the forum - esp over at the Landcruiser Forum which is exclusive for the 250 series. I really cannot say of any other apparent issue I have heard about for the 2024's. Mine has been great - no issues at all.
Check that forum where there is tons of discussion on problems....not sure how real most are. And again, I did not see anything that is recurrent and specific to a certain year. Good luck with your purchase and probably cannot go wrong either way.
 
Anybody driven mad by the steering wheel? Wish they had the cool TRD Pro wheel from the Sequoia/Tundra instead? Would love to swap wheels and airbags with you :rofl: Just got my 25'sequoia trd pro and would've paid up to have the simple heritage wheel instead. I'm fairly certain a '24+ LC250 would direct swap.

View attachment 4079927
So, I finally priced the part needed to do this and came to the conclusion it is cost prohibitive. Might try to find a steering wheel from a pick-a-part yard.
For the three major parts, steering wheel, horn pad and new controls, the cost is over $1,700! I would really like the TRD steering wheel, but not at that cost.

TRD Steering Wheel Cart.webp
 
So, I finally priced the part needed to do this and came to the conclusion it is cost prohibitive. Might try to find a steering wheel from a pick-a-part yard.
For the three major parts, steering wheel, horn pad and new controls, the cost is over $1,700! I would really like the TRD steering wheel, but not at that cost.

View attachment 4197238
Which wheel do you have right now?
 
Which wheel do you have right now?
So. . .
This happened!
I found a TRD steering wheel on LKQ for a big discount. Steering wheel and center pad with airbag was less than $700. I just received the parts, so no attempt at installation yet. Both parts are in great shape, with the exception of a little piece of leather that has come unglued on the right side, an easy fix.
I will write up my installation, or my failure at installation. It might be a while, still 110 degrees outside!

tempImagehR559f.webp


tempImagefswp5O.webp


tempImageEXYbRL.webp


tempImagehdsV7o.webp
 
Woah that’s awesome! LKQ in the Bronx? Had never heard of them before - sounds like a steal! Pun intended? Just kidding…

Let me know how it all goes once it gets cool enough for an install.
 
Toyota has been building hybrids for decades. Toyota is very, very good at building hybrids.

Ineos, in contrast, has no track record. Also the Grenadier has relatively poor articulation and the traction control tuning is very bad. There are videos of the Grenadier struggling to get through an obstacle that a 200 walks through easily.
Did anyone actually read this?

Yes 😆
 
All the car-review youtoobers thought they were clever when they remarked how the side trim panels in the rear of the 250 still had "cupholders," when the 250 does not have third-row seats in the American market.

Those clowns clearly didn't know that these aren't cupholders at all, but rather a very handy carrying spot for my O-Light Marauder hand cannon.

View attachment 3666677
Like a perfect glove! O Light stuff is sweet too.
 
Back
Top Bottom