Overlanding kitchen build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fj moneypit

Cubic Zirconia Member
SILVER Star
Threads
Just finished up this overlanding kitchen. A little sanding and clear coat and done. There’s storage in front and back for recovery gear and tools. Hope to test it out soon!

0DEBAAD5-3631-440C-92C3-D59F97593592.jpeg
DB8B0A24-EE46-4C2A-83BA-1764C843565A.jpeg
5E484B2E-2D8E-4B7A-B370-8080A8E10ED1.jpeg
44DEBB6F-6CE7-491A-BD26-5229DC119B76.jpeg
ACDB433E-00BD-4E28-B5E7-77F83BFF273D.jpeg

Nicely thought out and executed! I have the exact same camp stove, and want to make the slide-out stove platform when I have some time... In my case it involves modifying what I already have. Would you mind sharing your draw-glides and other hardware specs and sources with us please?

Love the finish, I used speaker carpet on mine, looked real professional but has barely last two years before it started to lift.

Those sliders look the biz, expensive?

Regards

Dave

Nicely thought out and executed! I have the exact same camp stove, and want to make the slide-out stove platform when I have some time... In my case it involves modifying what I already have. Would you mind sharing your draw-glides and other hardware specs and sources with us please?

To answer the earlier question about weight...without the drawers in I can easily pick the box up and put it in. Little harder with drawers. I used a mix of 3/4 and 1/2 inch to keep weight down. I have KV drawers slides that are 28” and 250# rated and the other slides are 24” 100# rated. I may get another pair of the 250# to swap in lock drawer. The 250# slides were $30. I got 3 pair of the others for $20. They are not kv. They work fine but kv quality is a bit better. Kv and accuride make good slides. Got slides off eBay and all other hardware at local stores (osh, Home Depot and ganahl lumber). I wanted to build a simple drawers system and decided to take it a step further. I wanted to build on a budget of <$300 and did just that.

I really like the lay out. Is there anything to keep the stove drawer closed?

Looks good! I cannot understand why anyone would spend $1000+ for a drawer set-up, they are pretty simple to build. Of course... just my opinion! Again , great work!

I like it! One suggestion..... I would recommend using lock in -- lock out slides. I rarely sit level where we park for the day, and love being able to open them up and not have them move.

here is what I used...

http://www.ryadon.com/product-detail/?id=394

5E569976-9CB2-4CDD-A837-0E933BB03512.jpeg
I really like the lay out. Is there anything to keep the stove drawer closed?

Double magnetic catch. I think I may add a latch. Pull enough and it opens

Last edited:
Slick. Def beats my setup
Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 3.22.28 PM.png

Looks good! I cannot understand why anyone would spend $1000+ for a drawer set-up, they are pretty simple to build. Of course... just my opinion! Again , great work!

Seriously. Even the company that sells a kit you put together was gonna cost $700. Just to much $$.

I like it! One suggestion..... I would recommend using lock in -- lock out slides. I rarely sit level where we park for the day, and love being able to open them up and not have them move.

here is what I used...

http://www.ryadon.com/product-detail/?id=394
Those ryadon slides are nice because I believe only one side has a lock. Some other brands have locks on both slides. That means you have to lift both levers to open each drawer. They make some beefy looking slides.

Those ryadon slides are nice because I believe only one side has a lock. Some other brands have locks on both slides. That means you have to lift both levers to open each drawer. They make some beefy looking slides.

Find the right supplier and you'll find that Accuride offers their slides with and without the lock, so you can mix and match to your needs. Not all suppliers stock both, so keep looking if you don't find what you need from one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom