Overlanding in the Southeastern US...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

izzyandsue

Izzy
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.tactegra.com
Well folks, check this out when you get a chance, was a few months in the making and came through last night. The original subtitle was "It may be bull****, but it's my bull****" got rejected by management.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/1718153...=8-1&keywords=overlanding+in+the+southeastern
book-cover-jpg.1794309

Are there maps?

Are there maps?

This is where a club would come in handy and where I get on my soapbox. All of our trails are under pressure to be shut down. The more the locations are posted or printed the more people will flock to them. Overlanding is growing which means more people traveling these roads. It's fine when clubs like ourselves steward trails but we are a minority. Only way we keep trails from to much pressure is by not making them available online or on a map. I'd rather the people who want to find these trails go with a club and learn the right way of traversing it. All it takes is one jerk to ruin something.

For instance Izzy put up the location to War Woman crossing in GA. Not that I have any problem with letting people know the location to that spot but if for instance someone from out of state were to drive that crossing and have a vehicle issue and walked to one of the houses on that road to ask for help there is a chance they may knock on the wrong door. I've had gunfire in camp, been told I was an outsider and told I was not welcome in their area. Yes what I was doing was completely legal but the locals don't look at it that way. There is a reason the DNR doesn't patrol that area and pay the local cops to patrol it. Mainly because it's not the safest place to be if you don't know how to handle the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom