Overlandex TDK Explorer Teardrop (composite construction) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello friends!

No official affiliation with Overlandex or Lite Industries but I’ve put a deposit down for a 2018 TDK Explorer and am stoked for it to meet the min order. It’s a limited production and they have some build spots available. Just wanted to share!

Welcome to Overland Explorer

C9F40EE4-4C98-4199-8D60-4906FCAA4493.jpeg

$25k? :confused: Wowzer.

I have done many months of research and have not found a better offroad trailer. The (No wood) composite and aluminum structure, the competent engineering and fabrication by the experienced men of Overlandex make this a 25K bargain! Modern materials, engineering, design and fabrication techniques and attention to detail. Imho.

I hope you guys tried climbing in and out of those doors.....they look like they may need a step stool.

Nice units for sure, but I think they share the same common problem of all classic style teardrops, and that is no privacy when you crawl out of the door in the morning. I have seen some companys lately making side changing rooms, which is a great idea.

Good luck, will be anxiously awaiting action shots in the wild.

I think to address the lack of privacy with an open door that I'd add an OZ Tent or at least a Clam Shelter facing that door.

I'm not really understanding the lack of privacy thing. If you open a tent or a RTT isn't it the same? Put some cloths on before you open the door, right. What am I missing?

Re: Privacy, sure you've got your clothes on, but SWMBO is still struggling into them when you open the door..... Or, you didn't know that she was in there changing when you open the door.......
Don't ask me how I know what kind of ear-blasting yer gonna get should either of these things happen.
A simple visual barricade isn't a bad idea.

For some odd reason my wife still does. ;)

No doubt accidental exposure can be avoided if everyone is on the same page all of the time. Or you're solo.

That and trips out the door in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.

I guess the same thing could be accomplished with an awning and an awning room.

Everyone has a different level of comfortability.

Slickdealmike, the cost was 25K plus any extras I wanted like air conditioning vents, extra battery, ETC. Shipping cost estimates for 2500 miles, to the front door of my house, ranged from $10K to about $4800, this included customs fees and the cost of a customs agent to do all the paperwork for importation. If I had the time and less fear of customs /importation paperwork headaches, I could have paid to have it transported most of the way to Toronto from Red Deer for $2500 and crossed the US-Canadian border myself with the trailer. It would have taken me 6 hours one way to pick it up from Toronto, Canada. If I had even more time and was younger (and smarter), I would/should have made a vacation out of picking it up myself in Red Deer, Canada. I think this may have been a missed opportunity for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom