Overland Expo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Overlandeffex

SILVER Star
Threads
SO the time of Overland Expo is rapidly approaching and not sure how many folks are heading out for it. @Socaldesertcrusier and Cruiser Bauers are going for sure. The game plan at the moment is to leave the whale vagina around 6ish on Wednesday the 10th of May and hit a hotel somewhere off the I-10 for the night and finish the drive in the am to the expo, arriving at around noon is on the on the 11th of May. Giving us time to set up camp and so forth. Heading home Sunday with no time set currently. Not sure who else is going but wanted to get the tread moving.

Am presently targeting Cruise Moab so likely won't be able to get back on the trail the following weekend, though I wish I could! Take loads of pictures.

Frank

I would love to make it, but in same boat as frankenfarter. I really wanted a phalcon trailer there ...hhmm

I'm going but may not leave until Friday the 12th. I am also looking to camp off sight because the new venue just doesn't look very big and will probably be a zoo. Anyway, I should know more by the meeting on the 4th.

I'm planning to go. Need to join your group...

I couldn't agree more! Our activity level seems to be strong these days and there are a wide variety trips generally in the mix.

May 2nd is our next meeting at Mike's BBQ. Technically it starts at 6:30PM but it is not at all uncommon for some of us to gather in the bar for a pre-beer and appetizers.

Frank

I'll put it on my calendar and stop in. I'm planning to leave Thursday but could be swayed to leave Wed night to join up at a rally point. Pretty flexible at this point. I have a ticket to camp on site hopefully it isn't too much a zoo but if it is, at least it's the full experience.

I agree on the zoo comment. we will have to wait to see.

Well a run report from Overland Expo. @SoCalDesertCruiser and the Bruisers left at 0900 on Thursday and made it to Flagstaff around 1800. We went to Historic Brewing Company for dinner and WOW...great beer plus food. From there was a grocery shop and then bed. Friday was a mixed day with Jeff taking recovery tools classes and Farrah doing bush craft all day. Milo ran around doing different classes as well. Then in the afternoon the beer drinking started....beer all over the place. Then Saturday came around the real classes started. Milo and us did classes on tire repair and removal, then we had a rescue classes that we saved a disco from rolling over. From there we learned how to splice and fix Dyeenma rope...which we maybe bring that info to the club as a class. Beer drinking and seeing old friends for the rest of the evening... @Torch Engineering. The drive home was the same coming home...9 hours. Next year we are going to be heading back and hoping we can get other member to come join us.

I ended up leaving Thursday evening after work, didn't leave the house until almost 7 PM. Drove as far as Needles and stayed there for the night with an early start on Friday morning, arrived at the Expo at about 8:30 AM on Friday. Found a campsite in BFE, the first area was already full. I had a basic pass/camp ticket since this was my first time out to the event I wasn't sure if the classes pass was worth it or not. Had a good time seeing vendors and meeting various groups and people I've only seen online before. Looked all over for an IH8Mud meetup but never found anything that was organized and the extremely limited Internet services at the venue didn't help things. I thought I saw @NLXTACY walk by while I was waiting in line to buy some lunch. Looked around for his LC but never saw it. Next year I'll buy the full ticket, the classes looked pretty good from a distance. Next year a pre-arranged meetup at the event for Mud members would be fun.

After the event I headed south and wandered back roads for a couple of days.

Nope, had to bow out at the last minute. Both my wife and son got the flu two days before I was supposed to leave. Sealed my fate on the trip. They still haven't recovered from the flu. Nasty stuff.

I agree @sbman that we could have done better with organization...next year for sure!!! :beer::beer::beer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom