Overland Expo East - Ashville, NC - Oct 3-5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kajun

SILVER Star
Threads
Registration for the first Overland Expo East is now open.

See details here http://www.overlandexpo.com/

Day passes and full course/class registration is available.

Just saw the price. Anyone going? I signed up for the newsletter to see what a day pass will cost later on.

I registered. The course list and registration isn't up yet, but there will be some courses I would like to attend.
This is a solo event for me. No family on this one.

If I were a noob and didn't have club friends that showed me the ropes, it might be worth learning, but I feel somewhat educated on most of their topics already.

Day passes listed at $20 but subject to change. This graphic was also there.
Day%20Pass%20vs%20Experience%20Comp%20EAST-small.jpg

I also read that if you don't pre-register for day passes, then you might not get in. I know folks that have had a great time at the Northeast and Arizona events.

Just saw this thread, been salivating over at ExPo watching the thread develop for some time. The fam and I will be there for the whole thing.

A good many of the topics are things I'm comfortable with but I'm a firm believer that knowing how to do something more than one way is better than merely knowing how to do something. Can't wait to check out gear too. I've put off exploring RTT's and trailers until I go to this event. We are looking at trying to do another big trip next summer back to Colorado, New Mexico etc like last year and the trailer idea is appealing at the moment.

I've always been jealous of the guys local to the original Expo out west and to get something like this in our backyard (literally closer than some of our own club events) is not to be missed for me. It always gets great reviews from attendees and I bet there will be a special effort made to see that Expo East is a success.

I would also suggest that it might be wise for Upstate Cruisers to have a presence as there should be a pretty large contingent of local Toyota owners with common interests ripe for the picking.

Just re read the cost and events. Starting to re think about this. Would be very fun to attend and could probably get thru the weekend at about $300.

I'll be getting there early on Friday October 3. I'm volunteering so it will be free :). Hope to see some familiar faces.

TLCA #13178 Appalachia Cruisers, STLCA

I'm looking forward to meeting the Landcruiser folks and checking out the rigs and setups. Will be attending all 3 days with my family and dog. I had hoped to get out west some year to the event, so now that it is on the east coast we figured we better attend. There looks to be a few fun trails and sights to see in the local Ashville area as well after it is over. Looking forward to Oct 3rd.

Going up mid afternoon on Thursday. I'll be there all weekend. Just look for this...
image.jpg

Cool, I talked at GSMTR with you and your dad for a while!! I'll be in this
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1410831746.875153.jpg

I should be there 10-11am on Friday.

Dam I live 3 minutes from where this is being held. But I have to work the whole weekend. :bang:

I was debating on this one, but I'm going to the ACC Fall Gathering and then the Black Balsam trip. Can't swing all three.

I'm here. Some great trucks. Met a few guys already. Juan Carlos from Venezuela and his budy Juan. Hadn't seen his rig but will hook up with him and snap a few pics.
Southeast Overland is here. Steve had a whole mess of stuff strapped to the roof. Unimogs, Earthroamers, and bikes all over the place.
I'll get some pictures out later. The ios8 is not liking the "attach pictures" option.

Wishing I could have made this one! Maybe the van will be ready for next year.

I'm here. Some great trucks. Met a few guys already. Juan Carlos from Venezuela and his budy Juan. Hadn't seen his rig but will hook up with him and snap a few pics.
Southeast Overland is here. Steve had a whole mess of stuff strapped to the roof. Unimogs, Earthroamers, and bikes all over the place.
I'll get some pictures out later. The ios8 is not liking the "attach pictures" option.
Me and Tennessee80 (Joel) should be rolling in around 10ish in the morning. How much space is left to camp close to the ones we know?

Couldn't swing it this year. Hoping this becomes a yearly thing. If so will try my best for next year. Hopefully your weather is better than here.

Me and Tennessee80 (Joel) should be rolling in around 10ish in the morning. How much space is left to camp close to the ones we know?

Didn't see your post unti now. Where are you camped. I am on the north side of the pond a couple trucks down from the big Swiss Unimog looking thing.
Give me a call. 864 918 8581.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom