SOLD Oroville, CA 1993 FZJ80 Toyota Land Cruiser Triple Locked 93k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
1993 Toyota Land Cruiser in Blue Slate Metallic over gray leather upholstery. Mostly stock. Only 93k miles on the body. Been in California it's whole life so it's rust free. A/C and heat works great. The A/C is R-12 refrigerant. All lights and power windows, seats, mirrors, sunroof, and power antenna works. Interior and exterior are in excellent shape. Some wear on the driver seat and shift handle. Some minor blemishes on the rear passenger seat. Some minor nicks and scratches on the body, mostly on the fender flares and drivers door. No third row. It was missing the third row seats when I bought it. Asking $32,000.

I acquired this truck in Nov 2021 with a blown head gasket. I had an independent Toyota/Lexus shop in Chico, CA (chicocarcare.com) pull the motor and rebuilt it. Slowly breaking in the motor. Have a little over 400 miles on the rebuild.

Rebuild include:
Cylinder head cleaned and pressure test, re-surfaced, grind and adjust valves, replaced four valves, regrind both camshafts
Bore and hone engine block
New connecting rod bearings
New pistons and rings
Polish crank
New timing chain, cam and crank gears, and chain guides
New head bolts
Complete engine gasket set
New Aisin water pump
New radiator, all hoses, thermostat, cap, and both v-belts
New fuel filter and temperature sending unit

Items that I replaced myself:
New fuel pump, fuel pump screen, fuel pump bracket, and fuel gauge sending unit
New battery in Nov 2021
New driver side power seat gear
DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG
DSC_0015.JPG
DSC_0016.JPG

Wow! very cool. What can you tell us about the history before your ownership? Why did it need a rebuild? Why so few miles, do the lockers/center diff work? Inquiring minds want to know. I've got a bonus check burning a hole in my pocket....

I don't know much about the previous owner. He passed away and not having any heirs, Santa Clara County Public Administrator took over his estate. That is who I bought the truck. In the ad listing, all the county disclosed was that the truck would not turn over with a jump. I bought it assuming the worst (seized motor) and hoping it was something minor. When I got the yard to pick up the truck, first thing I checked was the oil and coolant. Coolant looked ok, but the oil was definitely milkshake so I knew it had at least a blown head gasket. When the shop took the engine apart, there were some minor marks in cylinder #6. The machine shop said that boring would be needed to repair the cylinder and honing would be good enough. That was the reason for the complete rebuild.

I think what happened was the head gasket blew and the previous owner parked it in his garage (the county employee told me that is where they found the truck) with the intention of fixing it but just never got around to it. I ran a carfax before I bought the truck and the last entry was a smog check in 2005 with odometer reading 92,205 miles. The odometer showed 92,779 so probably not long after the smog check is when the head gasket blew. So it sat in his garage since.

Lockers do work. The rear takes a little longer to engage but maybe I just need to exercise them more. The center locks with low range. The center diff button mod has not been done on it.

Here's the carfax report and work order from Chico Car Care.
IMG_20230422_191107300_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230422_191212790_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230422_191344954_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230422_191439724_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser Carfax Report.pdf
    384.4 KB · Views: 33

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom