Original Speaker Location and Size and what to replace speaker with? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to replace what I thought was the original speaker. I know that the 77 FJ55 had a mono system with one speaker and I assume this is correct location and speaker per the picture attached. I removed the old speaker and it has the made in Japan, TENVOX, 4 ohm, 3.5 watt ink on the magnet end. But I did find a plice in the speaker wire going to the original radio- so at one time replaced.

My questions are-

1. Was this mount and speaker Original? (See it on lower right under glove box?)
2. Who has replaced this with something that works if this is the original location and spaker?

I know there is a used one on ebay for like $60, but thought I would ask what others have done. Not a big deal, but on my mind.

I'm not going stereo and I'd rather use the existing mount. The speaker is actually a 5.5 x 3.25 elliptical, although the mount has a round hole.

I googled it and there are 6x4 inch. I guess I could just use a cheap 3.5" round speaker and adapt the mounting holes (they are 5.25" diagonal). Who's in the know on this one?
30.JPG
speaker.JPG

Found original on eBay. Just going that way rather than trying to fit a newer speaker, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom