O'Reilly AGM Batteries Good-Bad Love-Hate??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GW Nugget

Do the best you can with what you have...
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Just that.
O'Reilly AGM Batteries Good-Bad Love-Hate???
My local store is O'Reilly's so it is nice to do warranty work local.
Please share you thought thanks.

Local warranty can be worth something to most but from my experience with there AGM batteries were they cost more and only lasted 4 years, just as long as a basic lead acid battery. If you need an AGM type battery in the second battery pos, you may want to install a DC/DC charger to extend its life.

I've only owned 1 AGM battery... a Diehard Gold AGM I bought of January of 2015. I drive my truck only 1-3x a week and whenever I go camping or wheeling. So not much use. The battery is barely able to turn my truck over. Not sure if I just got a bad one, but I wasn't impressed since I think I've only had 1 bad flooded battery in the 16 years I've been driving.

Costco batteries for me. But do you really want AGM? I think that's potentially a problematic decision, but it's controversial and to each his own. Flooded batteries for me.

I have the same one as bajaphile. Had it for about 3 years and ~40K miles with zero complaints.

I have the battery you are asking about but only purchased it because I learned that they were made by interstate! Was this info incorrect?

Which group size from Costco? 24F? Is there a larger one that they sell that still fits?

I have the battery you are asking about but only purchased it because I learned that they were made by interstate! Was this info incorrect?
They are made by Johnson Controls (who make Interstate), here on the west coast.

I have been wanting to try the Super Start AGM, but haven't needed a new battery. FYI, @GW Nugget , O'Reilly has a rebate for $25 back on their Platinum (AGM) batteries, through 10/25.

FWIW, I have used the dura last batteries from autozone in both my duramax diesel truck (flooded and then AGM) and my landcruiser (flooded) with very good luck. and excellent warranty coverage. the truck sits more than it runs and I've had no issues starting it . it operates maybe 4000 miles per year.

They are made by Johnson Controls (who make Interstate), here on the west coast.

I have been wanting to try the Super Start AGM, but haven't needed a new battery. FYI, @GW Nugget , O'Reilly has a rebate for $25 back on their Platinum (AGM) batteries, through 10/25.
I actually have the Super Start AGM from O'reilly.
The Super Start (O'reilly), Die Hard Gold (sears) & Duralast (Vatozone) AGM's are all the same batteries, just have different labels.

I actually have the Super Start AGM from O'reilly.
The Super Start (O'reilly), Die Hard Gold (sears) & Duralast (Vatozone) AGM's are all the same batteries, just have different labels.

And the advanced Auto batteries. The difference being that AAP lets you use their 30% off coupon for in store pickup.

No Advance Auto Parts, in our neck of the woods.... yet.

BTW. Just verified with our supplier, and East Penn is building our (O'Reilly's) AGM offering.

East Penn has always built all 3 of them. East Penn is a good battery manufacturer.

Well I got it... 34RPLT
I'll see how it does.
Thanks for all your input, it looks like the O'Reilly is built by a good manufacturer.

I just need to figure how im going to hook it up. I believe @NLXTACY has a good thread on his set up.
20161020_153046.jpg

@GW Nugget what are you using for your starting battery? I seem to be a couple steps behind you in my dual batt setup and was wondering if both batteries are AGM.

well... I'm going to use the new AGM for my main & switch my flooded acid Duralast for my 2nd batt. Both are very close in cold cranking & reserve capacity.
Don't follow me... I don't know what I'm doing yet.

No Advance Auto Parts, in our neck of the woods.... yet.

BTW. Just verified with our supplier, and East Penn is building our (O'Reilly's) AGM offering.
OReilly team member myself. Where do you work?

And on the thread I had a 34/78PLT Super Start in my 08 Tacoma mounted sideways for 3 years with no problems. It replaced a Optima Red top that quit starting after me running my sound system for any extended periods. Optima was around 4 years old, though it's whole life was not inyet Tacoma.

OReilly team member myself. Where do you work?

And on the thread I had a 34/78PLT Super Start in my 08 Tacoma mounted sideways for 3 years with no problems. It replaced a Optima Red top that quit starting after me running my sound system for any extended periods. Optima was around 4 years old, though it's whole life was not inyet Tacoma.

I'm at store 4858. Good to see another TM in the 'cruiser community. :beer:

I'm going to try the 34/78PLT as well, when the time is right. I'll be using the side terminals for my winch connections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom