Options to replace std flasher relay with one to suit LED lamps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tridon (a local Oz-based automotive aftermarket place) lists a *lot* of different LED flasher relays, and they all claim to be 'load sensitive' and have a 'failure alarm' which is something I've never come across before.

Flasher Relays - Electronic | Tridon

I want to replace all my external lights apart from headlights (for now) with LED's, and the stock relay will be no good since it's current-flow dependent to set the flash rate. I don't want to fit load-resistors as that defeats the purpose of switching to LED lamps for reduced current draw.

Is there a *genuine* relay that can replace the stock flasher relays? For my oz-market 3/92 80 the correct flasher is 81980-12070 and for 8/92 up it shows 81980-32010. I don't know if they are specific relays for Australia only.

I fitted some VW electronic flasher relays in Saab cars to replace std Hella ones some years back.

Ideally a flasher relay for LED lamps will use the same physical mounting and connection design as the std Toyota relay so it's plug-and-play.

Craig.

Last edited:
Tridon (a local Oz-based automotive aftermarket place) lists a *lot* of different LED flasher relays, and they all claim to be 'load sensitive' and have a 'failure alarm' which is something I've never come across before.

Flasher Relays - Electronic | Tridon

I want to replace all my external lights apart from headlights (for now) with LED's, and the stock relay will be no good since it's current-flow dependent to set the flash rate. I don't want to fit load-resistors as that defeats the purpose of switching to LED lamps for reduced current draw.

Is there a *genuine* relay that can replace the stock flasher relays? For my oz-market 3/92 80 the correct flasher is 81980-12070 and for 8/92 up it shows 89190-32010. I don't know if they are specific relays for Australia only.

I fitted some VW electronic flasher relays in Saab cars to replace std Hella ones some years back.

Ideally a flasher relay for LED lamps will use the same physical mounting and connection design as the std Toyota relay so it's plug-and-play.

Craig.

hey craig ,

i have a 2005 Tundra DC 2UZ-FE

i just got done what your getting to go through , i spent alot of time online doing my home work , like alot

forget U-tube videos

In less then 10 minutes , i was on the phone live with a www.SUPERBRIGHTLED.COM Tech. who asked me a few basic questions about my Toyota truck then pointed me to the 1 single choice OEM Direct fit type LED flasher relay they spec'd

I also did buy All my turn signal bulbs there too that day

He knew exactly what he was talking about , and answered all my Toyota specific questions Too

The relay fit as described and worked also perfectly too

I am brand loyal to that company now as a result

good luck

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom