Oops! broken clip on fuse block (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ccasteel

SILVER Star
Threads
So I was cleaning the connections on the courier fuse block tonight, and I bent one of the tabs that hold the glass fuses. Is there a way to get replacement connectors? I doubt I'll be able to find a new fuse block. I'll see about getting a pic tomorrow.

I have seen replacement glass fuse blocks available, so the answer is yes more than likely.

Here's a pic. You can't see the problem well because it's still hanging on by a thread. But, if it wasn't obvious from my description, it's the brass part I messed up and need to replace. It's the third one from the left on the near side. Still not luck with the google-izer.
100_2943.JPG

i mean i know you like old school and original . but for a piece that un-integrated just put a blue see fuse block in for a modern fuse? if you don't replace with an original ford/JDM part it doesn't matter. original or nothing for unique big value right??? make it functional with modern. I love that old truck 70's JDM all they way. super rear. of course i did build a 70's Datsun JDM trailer so i have a soft spot obviously.

I would agree just replace is with a modern fuse block like this. much easier to find replacement fuse if she blows one on the road.

I think @SammyT08FJ found what I was looking for. Unfortunately they only come in packages of 100. At lease I know what to call them now. Fuse clips. And yes to @cjmoon and @kc_chevota , I should probably just go with an all new fuse block. Do you guys know if I can have two leads come in and 6 come out? Or will I have to rig up some splitter to go to each fuse separately? The picture below shows how the first lead powers the first two circuits and the second powers the last 4 circuits. I'm assuming one is constant hot and the other hot with key. I haven't checked the manual yet. And besides my OCD surrounding original stuff, I like that the panel cover lists what each of the circuits is for.
100_2887.JPG

I used s similer block to what kc_chevota posted and linked with soldered wire on one side to pull all I've them together but you could daisy chain them together with connectors also. Both valid methods for power distribution. I then coated the whole thing with liquid electrical tape to protect it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom