ONSC Chat (1 Viewer)

Before
View attachment 2614053
After paint and new wiring
View attachment 2614057
After new deck and side boards
View attachment 2614054
Took the little trailer on its first trip since the rebuild. Handed a yard of soil very well.
9B0B99FD-A993-4515-9237-D5F03EB7F7D4.jpeg
E69615FD-5831-4495-9D9E-85A3425DDA41.jpeg

Last edited:

FJ Noob

GOLD Star
I almost want to go look at this truck just to meet the author of the ad...🤣

^^^ s***. Maybe I won't just drive it until it dies. Contemplating this...

I signed up and will figure out how to modify the exhaust to reduce some of the drone. My exhaust and headers are both leaking so it's time.

I know the DT exhaust and header combo is a little loud which I don't mind but I will likely need to put a resonator in to reduce drone when towing.

Last edited:

FJ Noob

GOLD Star
LOOKING FOR CONTACTS...

Does anyone have an leads for individuals/organizations that might be able to source non-US spec Hilux and/or Prados for a learning institution?

The Fayetteville Tech program director saw me park my 60 and started talking LCs with me. He's been asked to put together a maintenance training program focused on the types of Toyotas available throughout Africa. He has all the resources EXCEPT a few trucks. He asked if I had any leads (I don't), but I told him I'd ask the crowd to see if anything came up.

Thought you guys might like this if you haven't seen it already.
@zerotreedelta is 3D printing radio delete covers similar to the factory style. The cool thing is he can custom size them to fit hacked dashes like mine.
I received mine today and had to Dremel a hair off the tabs to get it to fit but
IMG_2780.jpeg
now I don't have to look at that gapping hole anymore.

3DPrinted : OEM Spec Radio Plate, Two Tone Print

I was thinking today about the different weather from the three regions of the country i've lived in.

CA was always beautiful weather although melt your face off hot in July and August when 110 plus for weeks was the norm. The weather was pretty constant, 70 ish in winter was the norm and moved methodically all the year around.

NC could change daily from rainy to clear, to cold to hot and humid. Especially in winter when it could get down to the teens one day and up to 70 the next.

WA doesn't change quite as fast temperature wise as NC did but we get wilder pockets of weather due to the topography and how the fronts converge from the sound, the mountains and down from Canada. For instance the below picture was me driving to the office to pick up a delivery today. Mostly clear blue skies. Six miles away at Andrea's work it was snowing like crazy difference in elevation is about 30 feet
20210329_085737.jpg

LOOKING FOR CONTACTS...

Does anyone have an leads for individuals/organizations that might be able to source non-US spec Hilux and/or Prados for a learning institution?

The Fayetteville Tech program director saw me park my 60 and started talking LCs with me. He's been asked to put together a maintenance training program focused on the types of Toyotas available throughout Africa. He has all the resources EXCEPT a few trucks. He asked if I had any leads (I don't), but I told him I'd ask the crowd to see if anything came up.
seams to me that if you can figure out how to get those type of trucks to the US then you should offer the basic mechanic (4x4, diesel engines and gas and basic maintenance), and driver familiarity (right hand drive)(standard) courses to the DOD. That's what I would do and have actually thought about doing that.

So today I learned that a Skottle has a much different meaning in urban dictionary than expedition portal.

I was trying to explain to my boss about using a plow disc to make a wok/stove for camping and told him to look up a skottle for an idea.

BMThiker

I aim to misbehave
s-Moderator
SILVER Star
So today I learned that a Skottle has a much different meaning in urban dictionary than expedition portal.

I was trying to explain to my boss about using a plow disc to make a wok/stove for camping and told him to look up a skottle for an idea.
So did he go straight to Urban Dictionary? Because the first 3-4 pages of search (using private mode to mask preferences) came up with the ouevrelanding product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom