OME J Spring with 33" MTR's?? Anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Somebody asked for some alignment specs.

850/860+ 1/2" spacers up front (arb bumper + M10,000 + dual batts + sliders + rear bumper + dual tanks)

before - dunno
after -1.0 deg caster

Corrected caster
now at +4.7 deg

installed 850J/863
installed adjustable caster

before +4.7 deg
now +2.9 deg

In both cases, the steering was great but UJs were unhappy. Now trying to figure out how to get rid of unhappy UJs. Trying a CV driveshaft and other things. I may dial the caster down to +1.5 to see what happens.

Ali

Here is mine OME 850/860 combo. ARB bumper with no winch. Rear jump seats, spare and hitch removed. Slight rake to the front. The pic makes it look more than it actually is.
Edit: I think the spare is still under there in this pic.

mooker82 said:
Here is mine OME 850/860 combo. ARB bumper with no winch. Rear jump seats, spare and hitch removed. Slight rake to the front. The pic makes it look more than it actually is.
Edit: I think the spare is still under there in this pic.

Looks Great! Nice Rig!

I just got off of the phone with Christo and i ordered my kit. We spoke at length to what i am going to use the rig for he recommended the heavy duty non j springs (forget the #'s right now) and that it will fit 33 mtr's fine with no additional mods needed (excepted the correction bushings).

He is a very helpful and knowledgeable guy and was a pleasure to talk too!

I look forward to getting this stuff.

That would be 850/863 and yes he is very good at what he does.

cruiserdan said:
That would be 850/863 and yes he is very good at what he does.

Yes, thanks Dan those #'s ring a bell :D

Thanks for everyones input! I look forward to wheeling this thing.

alia176 said:
Somebody asked for some alignment specs.

850/860+ 1/2" spacers up front (arb bumper + M10,000 + dual batts + sliders + rear bumper + dual tanks)

before - dunno
after -1.0 deg caster

Corrected caster
now at +4.7 deg

installed 850J/863
installed adjustable caster

before +4.7 deg
now +2.9 deg

In both cases, the steering was great but UJs were unhappy. Now trying to figure out how to get rid of unhappy UJs. Trying a CV driveshaft and other things. I may dial the caster down to +1.5 to see what happens.

Ali

Alia,

Thanks for the info.

I've always understood that casters on a solid axle can't be changed except by lift, bushings or plates. How are you changeing yours ?

Kalawang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom