OME 850/860 combo ?s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok I have done a ton of reading old threads about all the different spring options and think I have my plan so I am getting ready to pull the trigger and order springs for my 93. I am planning on the OME 850 heavy fronts and the 860 medium rears. I currently have stock bumpers but will eventually (next spring) be building up a front bumper with a winch. I have a design idea for the bumper and it will be pretty compact compared to most of the aftermarket ones. I will not be carrying a ton of gear in back or have a giant back rack just a spare tire and I will make up some sliders in the spring as well. I will be redoing the shock mounts as well to take advantage of conventional loop mount shocks so I have a wider range of sizes to choose from and can max out my travel. For brake lines I will relocate the mounts to allow more flex and once everything is setup I will address the caster if needed, probably using caster plates or slotted holes and welded washers. I am looking to have the rig sit pretty level, maybe 1/2"-1" higher in the rear at the most. I will also be running 315/75 16s, most likely BFG All Terrains, trying to convince myself not to do mud tires on this one. Should this spring combo give me what I am looking for? Any pics of anyone running this setup?

I have the same set up, installed about 6 weeks ago. Except I'm running 285 BFG ATs.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

your plan sounds pretty solid to me.

Same set-up I have. It'll do what you want.

I have no factory roof rails or roof rack and no problems anywhere.

Parking garages and the such should not be an issue but some automatic car washes won't let u in. We started with that set-up but switched out the rear to heavies once we added the 4x4 Labs rear bumper. With the mediums the rear wheel arch was 3/8" lower than the front without gear but the with Luke's bumper/tire/etc. With the heavies now it's 1/2" higher and no noticeable change in ride and just about level when loaded with a weekend full of expedition gear. Super easy to swap later if you find out you have the need and you'll always be able to sell the mediums to offset the price as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom