'OLE BLUE - 2016 Blue Onyx Mods and Adventures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The KDSS bar is going to be trickier to clearance. That may need a relocation bracket to solve.

Think you are right.

Others can chime in here but I think the single biggest issue you have may be offset. The addition of the Icon set up will allow for geometry correction with the UCA but without a change in offset I think you'll still struggle to get this size to work? I fit that size fine but run a 0 offset and adjustable UCA, I don't touch the KDSS at all and don't have a relocation kit.

I think the color combo with those wheels looks great btw, I've never used them but spacers might be an option.

Others can chime in here but I think the single biggest issue you have may be offset. The addition of the Icon set up will allow for geometry correction with the UCA but without a change in offset I think you'll still struggle to get this size to work? I fit that size fine but run a 0 offset and adjustable UCA, I don't touch the KDSS at all and don't have a relocation kit.

I think the color combo with those wheels looks great btw, I've never used them but spacers might be an option.

Agreed that would be another solid way to skin this cat. As with all mods, there's some trades and compromises.

It think @mcgaskins rig is probably a good template to use for fitting 34s. IIRC, he's running 34" tires on a +25 offset wheel. Makes room for KDSS, without going too aggressive in offset that it starts creating issues of its own.

Something like a narrow .75" spacer, making this setup ~22 offset, may be an option to clear the KDSS bar.

The KDSS bracket may not be a bad solution. @Atwalz identified a way to improve the end link alignment issue.

Nice trip write up!

On my off road trailer I put wheel adapters on it to match my LC wheels and tires. One less spare that way.

What portable solar panel is that and do you like it?

Nice trip write up!

On my off road trailer I put wheel adapters on it to match my LC wheels and tires. One less spare that way.

What portable solar panel is that and do you like it?

Thanks!

It’s an Overland Solar 90w kit. It’s 4 years old and still works well and has also held up well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom