ok , so what is the real world technical opinions of the 2024 re-released 70 series , this fresh mini-pod-cast seams objective ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
ok ,

so what is the real world technical opinions of the 2024 re-released 70 series , this fresh mini-pod-cast seams objective ?

your thoughts and opinions please

thanks
matt

my initial thoughts :

- it looks a bit intriguing , but 2007 FJ Cruiser inn nature too ..

- the silly black and silver rims , look GULF STATES toyota region 1980's to me ..

- blinky led lamps front ?

- i like the color

- curious is my final word ?

- - HAMAS , all-ready is sporting them in Gaza i saw on CNN.....::rolleyes:

I think it's ugly. It looks like it's angry but it doesn't understand why. That's my sophisticated, real world, technical analysis.

Also I'll probably never see one in the flesh so it might as well be on the moon. I'm sure it's a good truck and will take the 70 series into the sunset with honor. I'm seeing the end times of anything I would classify as a Land Cruiser so for me it's all in the rear view mirror.

Not that much has changed since the previous model , more and cleaner diesel options so it can go back to dealerships worldwide .

Proof again that Toyota USA only cares about the LC name badge when it suits them for advertising , the rest of the world is getting this model with a clean diesel option so there is no reason why this shouldn't be sold here .

If more people would use my strategy of boycotting Toyota for not offering us what we want they might ever be convinced to bring these , I am not buying a brand new second choice vehicle and have given my money to the competition with the last 4 brand new cars I have bought here and will continue to do so , only way to convince a corporation is trough the wallets of the shareholders ;)

Last edited:
Hello,

Almost 40 years and still in production. More than the 20 and 40 Series. A legend in its own right.

To me, the front looks a lot like a first-generation Mitsubishi Pajero/Montero.

Nothing has changed much from the windshield back. The rear lights are a nod to the 40 Series, as is the instrument cluster.

I hope the side covers can be replaced with proper 70 Series rear lights.

I also hope that Toyota will keep making the 70 Series for as long as possible.

Juan

Not that much has changed since the previous model , more and cleaner diesel options so it can go back to dealerships worldwide .

Proof again that Toyota USA only cares about the LC name badge when it suits them for advertising , the rest of the world is getting this model with a clean diesel option so there is no reason why this shouldn't be sold here .

If more people would use my strategy of boycotting Toyota for not offering us what we want they might ever be convinced to bring these , I am not buying a brand new second choice vehicle and have given my money to the competition with the last 4 brand new cars I have bought here and will continue to do so , only way to convince a corporation is trough the wallets of the shareholders ;)
It's correct, we can change the course of corporate decisions by spending or not spending on a certain product.

This whole 70-series-not-in-America thing can't be logical. Not that I know anything about the legal situation in the US. I heard too many times that it's emissions and safety regulations preventing the 70 series to be imported. It's been repeated by everyone like a mantra. The germans can do it (GRJ7# grey import), but the US can not?
BS #1.
Then look at all these huge trucks you have on the US market – legally –, compared to that the 70 series is medicore in size. It's irrational to say the 70 series is more "dangerous" or "less safe" than them.
BS #2.
There is more aspects to that, but those two things alone are enough for me to understand: it must be political. I don't want to spark a political discussion here, please don't. I'm just saying that if it was just a purely technical and logical discussion the 70 series could at least be grey-imported as new.

Toyota may be responsible for not adding a modified "US spec" to the 70 series lineup – at the same time, can they be made responsible for the 70 series not being grey-importable for legal reasons of the US legislation? I don't think so...

Just thinking loudly:
If there was "just" one or two technical flaws on the 70 series I am pretty sure they could be corrected even by third party dealerships and then brought on to the US market. As is done on the GRJ7 series in the EU. Importer-dealers here are already planning to bring the new 2023 facelift GDJ7#L ATM and GRJ7#L MTM/ATM on to the EU market grey style.

Last edited:
my initial thoughts :

- it looks a bit intriguing , but 2007 FJ Cruiser inn nature too ..

- the silly black and silver rims , look GULF STATES toyota region 1980's to me ..

- blinky led lamps front ?

- i like the color

- curious is my final word ?

- - HAMAS , all-ready is sporting them in Gaza i saw on CNN.....::rolleyes:
i think the led's are only flickering from the video refresh rate ( or whatever actual tech-bs is the reason)

The JP site does not have any price tags. I could only find "※2023年冬以降発売予定", which means something like "launch is planned for Winter 2023".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom