Oil Pan Removal Mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Living down here in the desert oil pans tend to seap and leak a bit more. It was done to mine at the local Toyota stealership here and I put 60k on it since I bought it. Decided to go down and see if they had warranty and it's 1 year or 30k which ever comes first. So if this is an indication of what's to come while living here I plan on making it easier to get to. I am not into cutting the firewall apart but damn if that ain't a great idea. That is a good point that this makes for a great mod for quick offroading fixes....thank you for making me appreciate this mod that much more.:D

I for one totally get this mod. I guess I don't see it as just limited to the single focus of replacing the oil pan seals, but for all the unforeseen times that bar is in the way and/or makes the work that much more difficult to tackle. And I would counter that if everyone's truck had a removable bar, they'd never think raising the engine off the motor mounts was a better idea. Last good point is that it makes you take care of the panhard brace at the frame which is well known to crack and should be reinforced anyway.

Everything should be bolt-on -heavy trucks (last I knew) have all crossmembers-spring hangers-trailing arms-etc-etc-all BOLTED-therefore all removable.

Everything should be bolt-on -heavy trucks (last I knew) have all crossmembers-spring hangers-trailing arms-etc-etc-all BOLTED-therefore all removable.

If you notice how Toyota packed all the emission devices under the intake air plenum,,,, hard to reach sensors,, all the known places that we had to spend hours removing parts, and taking only half the time in installing the part that originally failed,, we all have been there at some point,, ,,,,,,,,,this is when most cruiser owners ,,, including myself ,,, our. OCD kicks in, and we go into a while your there campaign ,,,lol,,, to avoid going back in that hard to reach area,,,, PHH. anyone,,,??? lol

they built these rigs with very high quality parts,,, most parts lasting as long as the vehicle itself ,,,so therefore,, knowing that at some point , internal engine parts start failing ,, the engine should be pulled and rebuilt. If you really look into the Fsm,,, they seem to show the engine pulled out, for many procedures,,, even when removing the air intake plenum,,, I notice some aftermarket manuals call for the engine to be pulled, to remove ,, not realizing how hardcore us cruiser fans are and using all kinds of crazy ratchet combos, swivels, extensions, etc,,,, a whole lot of patience,,, and ur beverage of choice...it comes out,,,, mostly due to the fact we don't want other folks working on our rigs that really don't understand how their built and the steps to follow,, like our dreaded windshield removals and installs....

Basically in a nut shell,,,, what we do to our cruisers on here,,,,, Toyota at that time, of building ur year rig ,,, would not thought it would have been possible in someones personal garage,,, my 2 cents

CRUISER CARTEL

Last edited:
Living down here in the desert oil pans tend to seap and leak a bit more. It was done to mine at the local Toyota stealership here and I put 60k on it since I bought it. Decided to go down and see if they had warranty and it's 1 year or 30k which ever comes first. So if this is an indication of what's to come while living here I plan on making it easier to get to. I am not into cutting the firewall apart but damn if that ain't a great idea. That is a good point that this makes for a great mod for quick offroading fixes....thank you for making me appreciate this mod that much more.:D

Whereabouts do you live in NM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom