Oil Filters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I guess I missed something. Looked to me like he hasn't done anything yet with AmSoil.

Today Dad bought a Repco Z418 for his FZJ80 and a Repco Z154 for his Holden Barina. - First time with a Repco Oil Filter.

I have a Valvoline Z9 on the B and the Barina and FZJ80 currently have Valvoline Oil Filters, Have also used Ryco Filters in the past.

Currently the BJ40 and FZJ80 have Valvoline A340 Air Filters, But the Barina has a Ryco that costed $80.00 from Repco.

Anyway Ryco is the Supplier of all Filters for all Australian made Cars. :flipoff2: And the only other Filter I would use is Valvoline. :slap:

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=1;threadid=9456;start=msg82966#msg82966 date=1072934275]
I use Napa Gold.=Wix. Hard to beat the inventor of the screw on oil filter.
[/quote]

They have a comparison demo at my napa. Gold vs. Fram and if you cut each in half you can see the difference. The ends of the fram filter element are cardboard. Apparently this shortens the life of the filter.

Don't remember all the details but it was enough to keep me away from the Frams from now on.

[quote author=brian link=board=1;threadid=9456;start=msg82758#msg82758 date=1072907792]
i see no reason why fram is crap ???.
[/quote]

In my opinion they are poorly constructed. A friend of mine had a Fram filter fail and fill his engine with bits of filter element and cardboard, clogging who knows what. Why bother saving a few dollars on something as important as an oil filter? The Toyota filters are of excellent quality. The Wix / Napa Gold filters are of good quality - I use them on my old BMW.

Please use whatever makes you happy. So will I. :cheers:

i have used a lot of filters i have probably drove 150,000 miles in 2003 and i use a k&n on my SS and usually put on purlator on everything else every now and then i will use a ac delco but not much. i put a L30001 on the fj40 today. and i use mobil 1 in everything. full synthetic in my SS and regular in the 40 and work vech.

Lately I've been lazy and have been using the fram filters. ( I cringe everytime I use one).

The best filters I know of are the Hastings and the Baldwin filters. It take s a little shopping to find them as they cater mostly commercial users.
Hastings by the way is the company thats makes the filters for Amsoil.

[quote author=Dianna link=board=1;threadid=9456;start=msg82585#msg82585 date=1072893634]
I've got a '77 FJ40 with the original F2. What brand filters do you guys use?
[/quote]

Well, I hope you're happy now! The only thing worse than asking for opinions on oil filters is asking what's the best oil to use!! Try it, I dare ya. :D

Quote from: Dianna on December 31, 2003, 11:00 AM
I've got a '77 FJ40 with the original F2. What brand filters do you guys use?

Well, I hope you're happy now! The only thing worse than asking for opinions on oil filters is asking what's the best oil to use!! Try it, I dare ya.

i mean, for real

I tries the K&N and didn't like it. To much oil flow for my F, reducing pressure. I went back to a fram. But I think I will try the Toyota "big one" next or maybe the wix. You only live once you might as well try all the filters you can! Woo hoo! :slap:

I may be new to IH8MUD but not new to changing oil, on all our equipment we run Baldwins or Napa Gold, maybe Fleetguard. FRAM FILTERS SUCK!!!! Why do you think they are so cheap?? Why do you think they sell them at Wal-Mart? It's a good thing that the 2F runs the 51515, that's the Ford part number used with 400, 460, 390, etc. Bigger filter is always better, Fram is always worst. Simple.

Wally world isn't so bad with their latest tock of auto parts/supplies. Out by me they have the 5 quart jugs of Mobil 1 synthetic for about $21. I've been using Powerflo (purolator) filters for some time with no problems and they're usually abour $1.99 at my local parts shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom