Oil change - tips? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice.

Four mess-free oil changes now since getting the Fumoto installed. I know it's not a game-changer but I am glad I installed it.

I never notice it being slower since I'm usually doing several other things while the old oil drains.

is the fumoto shorter than the thickness of the oil pan itself? If the fumoto is longer and further than the oil pan, than there may be residue that sits at the bottom and wont be able to drain out. does that even make sense? haha

____
l l (fumoto length and residue can be under the escape hole)
------ -------- (oil pan)

Drains down this way

is the fumoto shorter than the thickness of the oil pan itself? If the fumoto is longer and further than the oil pan, than there may be residue that sits at the bottom and wont be able to drain out. does that even make sense? haha

____
l l (fumoto length and residue can be under the escape hole)
------ -------- (oil pan)

Drains down this way

That is a good question. The F106N has 7 M14x1.5 mm threads- so I'd say about .41 inches of total thread going into the pan, maybe a bit less with the gasket. I am not sure what the oil pan thickness is but it is much less than .25" (maybe closer to .125"?) so there may be some sediment left although it seems to sit in a fairly low spot.

CvAG5LX1cQnE5u1G.huge

You still have to take off the front skid plate to get access to the oil filter. Maybe you can access it from the wheel well if you have noodly Mr Fantastic arms but you would have to deal with the mess still.
cut the skid

Cut a transmission filler funnel to fit under the filter and it will drain away from the pan

I opened this thread and was immediately confused....and then realized why I need that jumpstart coffee in the morning. What engine are they talking about! One advantage over the V8....1GR-FE oil filter location.

toyota_1grfe_engine_ser1_02.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom