Official ONSC HAM Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

His call sign would be "broken on the side of the road again, and again", but that would be mean so I won't say it.
you forgot one "and again"

Got the new antenna.(sarcasm warning alert, do not read further if you do t have a sense of humor) It's from Japan and we know Japanese stuff don't last long, but it will do.

Anyway, I couldn't t wait to test it, so stuck In bathroom next to my office and dialed up the 9pm MARS club net (its and indoor.outdoor antenna). I connected both antennas back and forth and the results were remarkable, amazing clarity with it, so returning mobile antenna to truck. Next challenge is mounting location to hide from HOV and wife. Got 2 locations in mind....

IMG_7113.JPG
IMG_2272.JPG

Got the new antenna.(sarcasm warning alert, do not read further if you do t have a sense of humor) It's from Japan and we know Japanese stuff don't last long, but it will do.

Anyway, I couldn't t wait to test it, so stuck In bathroom next to my office and dialed up the 9pm MARS club net (its and indoor.outdoor antenna). I connected both antennas back and forth and the results were remarkable, amazing clarity with it, so returning mobile antenna to truck. Next challenge is mounting location to hide from HOV and wife. Got 2 locations in mind....

View attachment 1366483 View attachment 1366484
Now you can try to contact the Upside Down.

I had to google that reference - from Stranger Things?

Antenna, what antenna? I don't see nuttiness

IMG_7128.JPG

OH! No honey, that's part of the cable connector from time warner

IMG_7129.JPG

Had my 28 ft ladder as far as I can raise it, this was the only place I could get it to. At least it's out of the house and has close to 270 degree view, south, east, west. Will dress up the coax tomorrow.

At the UDT Seal museum, newest attack boats use ICOMM. Got tour by old contact, and yes it is the one used and specified for boat

IMG_0546.JPG

Big boat!

IMG_0548.JPG

merry Christmas all....I scored me a baofeng uv-82. time to ramp up the learning...

Just passed the test! Now to start spending $ on gear.....not good when you are also wanting to spend $ on your cruisers!

Just passed the test! Now to start spending $ on gear.....not good when you are also wanting to spend $ on your cruisers!

Congrats! Report back when you get your call sign.

merry Christmas all....I scored me a baofeng uv-82. time to ramp up the learning...

Dang that's not bad at all when I found one on Amazon....
I'm just techy enough to be a danger to myself and everyone else. Need to check out HAM.

Congrats!

Congrats JT! Buy the Baofeng 2M to start with (if you don't have one already) then a 50w mobile setup. All in less than $250 if you shop savvy.

Congrats! Report back when you get your call sign.

KN4AGO Interesting! Will look into a more personalized one.....

Im not local to NC, but im an Amateur Operator WB4CON
Its slow in the SC lowlands for ham radio.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom