Official LX570s Picture Thread (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A little yurt camping a few weeks back before all the lockdowns ensued.

150C4E38-3C86-4C3E-B4AB-EF2FDFAF5268.jpeg

hey! Can you please upload a few more photos? Some in neutral setting and some showing from straight on so we can see how the stance is? I have these NV305s in 17 and I believe a zero offset but I may sell/trade for 18s and a better offset if I still like the look!

Changed the truck status from "soccer mom" to "slightly less soccer mom". Here is the wheel and tire spec:

Wheels: Method NV 305 - 18x9 ET. +25. 5x150 bolt pattern
Tires: LT BFG KO2 - 285/65R18 - 37psi - laces out 🤘

View attachment 2197283

Ok. So I picked the truck up at Dissent this morning. I finally had Ben install Slee sliders. I also finally moved to 17” wheels. I settled on Icon Vector 5s in satin black with 285/75/17 BFG KO2s. The truck rides so much better. I just picked it up and have not had a chance to get out and play, but here are some initial pics:

CAD1B216-3E36-48DB-9731-7D9887B5871D.jpeg
547CA900-AB5C-4387-895E-36A6118471AB.jpeg
3FC4E111-7BCF-4B1C-906C-EE64D462E501.jpeg

It is now very close to my dream truck, except.....

We figured that there wouldn’t be any issues with rubbing since a lot of the usual culprit areas have already been removed for the bumpers and sliders. This is mostly true but while driving home on the interstate, occasionally when I would hit a dip that caused deep compression, I got some rubbing on the outer edge of both tires with a corner just a little inside the wheel well:

A1F3C3FF-9F37-4617-9539-400FCB190C4B.jpeg
4A9AAF56-2844-4C7E-B22D-79A371942DF7.jpeg
2058D5B1-15A7-4ACF-A816-42FDA6716197.jpeg

And so I am trying to figure out how to handle this. Should I trim this edge off? I am not sure that a heat gun will help as it is pretty thick right on this edge/corner. I thought about sanding it down, but I am not sure how far I need go. Surely not much. I guess I can sand and then drive, rinse, repeat.

Any suggestions?

Have you done front sensor lift? Has your LX always had that much front rake? Those vector 5s are sweet!

Have you done front sensor lift? Has your LX always had that much front rake? Those vector 5s are sweet!

Thanks.

No, no sensor lift. I think the rake is the same as when I got it. The perspective may be a little deceiving in these shots, but it definitely has a noticeable rake.

Actually, now that you mention it, I am not sure that it was that profound. Here is a pic from when I first got it.

8FF3C093-BD57-4CD6-A4FE-C90513A7C0D1.jpeg

I’ll try to get a shot of it now on level ground like this. One issue with the earlier pics from today is that it is on deceptively uneven ground.

Ok. So I picked the truck up at Dissent this morning. I finally had Ben install Slee sliders. I also finally moved to 17” wheels. I settled on Icon Vector 5s in satin black with 285/75/17 BFG KO2s. The truck rides so much better. I just picked it up and have not had a chance to get out and play, but here are some initial pics:

View attachment 2252351View attachment 2252353View attachment 2252354
Wow, nice rig.. I want to keep my lx stock for the most part, but seeing yours makes me want to build it up.. I'm in the East bay, maybe I can see this in perso someday...

View attachment 2252354
Are those LC rockers or did you trim the stock steps?

Wow, nice rig.. I want to keep my lx stock for the most part, but seeing yours makes me want to build it up.. I'm in the East bay, maybe I can see this in perso someday...

Thanks. I’m pleased with how it is turning out. Now I am just ready to get out of the house and try the new wheels/tires out. Do you ever take the LX out on the trail?

Thanks. I’m pleased with how it is turning out. Now I am just ready to get out of the house and try the new wheels/tires out. Do you ever take the LX out on the trail?
Unfortunetly can't say that I have.. I have a built 60/80/100 for offroad use, hence my decsion to keep the LX unmolested.. I would be down to take it threw some mild trails.. It is stock except for the 33's on 18's..

It is now very close to my dream truck, except.....

We figured that there wouldn’t be any issues with rubbing since a lot of the usual culprit areas have already been removed for the bumpers and sliders. This is mostly true but while driving home on the interstate, occasionally when I would hit a dip that caused deep compression, I got some rubbing on the outer edge of both tires with a corner just a little inside the wheel well:

And so I am trying to figure out how to handle this. Should I trim this edge off? I am not sure that a heat gun will help as it is pretty thick right on this edge/corner. I thought about sanding it down, but I am not sure how far I need go. Surely not much. I guess I can sand and then drive, rinse, repeat.

Any suggestions?

Truck is looking great! What's the offset of those wheels? Can't tell from the angle of the pics but they look to be pretty aggressive and in the 20mm range?

I think you can heat gun that corner and push it in. If it doesn't work out, you'll be cutting it anyways. If you go low and slow with the heat gun, it'll soften up nicely and be relatively easy to reform.

Thanks.

No, no sensor lift. I think the rake is the same as when I got it.

You don't have anything to lose by trying a heat gun. Sensor lift and/or height offset utility In Techstream will defiantly help you, but you'd want to get an alignment after.

Truck is looking great! What's the offset of those wheels? Can't tell from the angle of the pics but they look to be pretty aggressive and in the 20mm range?

I think you can heat gun that corner and push it in. If it doesn't work out, you'll be cutting it anyways. If you go low and slow with the heat gun, it'll soften up nicely and be relatively easy to reform.

Thanks.

Offset is +25 same as the other Icons. I have to say that it definitely was a surprise seeing the offset in person. I’ve only seen pics on here and it definitely looks more aggressive in person. Having said that, it drives really great. I really think that 25-30 is the sweet spot for a 200 series.

Here is another pic showing the profile better

0BE2F7CA-DA29-46B2-8861-9130DC28853B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom