Official LC200 ARB Install Thread - WARNING LOTS OF PICS!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FYI, did you install another sleeve on your winch rope? If not, that one is supposed to go against the drum for heats protection of the rope. MasterPull does supply separate rock guards that can be used for the protection on the rope.

What about UV protection on exposed winch line? Need another sleeve?

Regards,

Were the 3 xtra skid plates included w the bumper or were they seperate items ?

:cheers:

They came with the bumper.

What about UV protection on exposed winch line? Need another sleeve?

Regards,

From what I have read etc, it should not degrade or be effected any more or less then the original cable.

Plus 99% of the time it will be on the reel, so it wont be exposed.

Any update on the "gap" issue? You going to leave it as is or you going to press the issue for a thicker gasket that fills in the open area better between the bumper and the sheetmetal ? :hmm:

Any update on the "gap" issue? You going to leave it as is or you going to press the issue for a thicker gasket that fills in the open area better between the bumper and the sheetmetal ? :hmm:

Well I have been to a few body shops and we have tried a few things. The best one so far has been a door weather stripping in black.

The problem has been getting it to stay in place on the plastic part of the bumper. The only way we seem to be able to do this is by using a permanent adhesive but that is another whole set of issues. If it rips or or is ever in need of replacement, it will strip the paint off the plastic.

So until I can find something that will actually slip on to the plastic like the smaller one, I am having to continue the search.

Any ideas?

I can't think of anything off the top of my head..I do know that if I get a 200 and put the bull bar on it I will definitely have the bodyshop trim the tupperware 1/2 of what the directions say. That is of no help to you though !! :D

The problem has been getting it to stay in place on the plastic part of the bumper. The only way we seem to be able to do this is by using a permanent adhesive but that is another whole set of issues. If it rips or or is ever in need of replacement, it will strip the paint off the plastic.
Any ideas?

Silicone adhesive - very good bonding yet not strong enough to peel the paint off. I did that to my mold trimming when it got peeled off at the car wash. But you may want to test it on unseen spot.

Cheers,

I would hit ARB for the new version with headlight washer cutouts to be released in 3 weeks. ;)

So they are coming out with a new version of the bumper in 3 weeks? Kewl...cannot wait to see it.

BTW - The headlight washers are not an issue for me now.

I think I found a solution to the gap. I will fix it later this week and post some pics!

Please don't tell me you are going to drive into the garage door to mash everything together.

Ouch that as cold....I just thought I would run over your mama....big enough bump for the LC to re-align itself :) :flipoff2:

LOL

Last edited:
You responded by saying you were going to run over your own mother. Not exactly a comeback for the ages.

HAHA I didnt realize what I wrote...consider it changed....:doh:

Here is what it looks like now....

Windows-1252BSU1HMDAyOTAuanBn.jpg

Windows-1252BSU1HMDAyOTEuanBn.jpg

It is hard to see in the first pic because of the dark black metal but there is now only 1/4 inch of space instead of the full inch, as seen here:

SANY0128.jpg

With the round bottom of the molding, it will still compress if the LC is being winched and flexes the frame.

MUCHO BUENO!

Here is what it looks like now....

Windows-1252BSU1HMDAyOTAuanBn.jpg

Hey, that is exactly what I was thinking about, but I had no idea what it's called or where I've seen it before. It's basically a rubber or urethane loop melted onto the edge molding.

If I did do the bumper eventually, what is that stuff called and where did you get it?

Hey, that is exactly what I was thinking about, but I had no idea what it's called or where I've seen it before. It's basically a rubber or urethane loop melted onto the edge molding.

If I did do the bumper eventually, what is that stuff called and where did you get it?

It is just a gasket I got over at pepboys! Cost was $30.

I have alot of extra left, so if you get the bumper, and need some, just let me know. I will ship you some! It just pops on with no glue, very nice.

Very nice!

quick question would the 200 Series Arb Bull Bar bolt on too lets say a LX570????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom