Official LC200 ARB Install Thread - WARNING LOTS OF PICS!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guys, I read your concerns regarding the gap between the ARB bar and the guard of the LC 200 in my photo. I have measured the distance between the the surfances on my 200 and have the same 15mm or 0.591" clearence as Mitchell's 200. I would add the 15mm is from the start of the bull bar to the plastic surface of the guard fender. I am happy to assist further if required.

Last edited:
I think they should have definitely disclosed that there was going to be a gap between the plastic and the bull bar !!

I don't think a disclosure is needed. It is standard to have gaps between metal bumpers and the truck. The factory can attach the plastic bumper because it is bolted, clipped and secured to the whole truck and will flex with the movement of the body vs the fame. When we disturb the mounting of the bumper by cutting 1/2 of it away you can not rely that it is going to stay put when you start flexing it.

I am not keen on how it looks, but hey, that is what they had to work with.

I would note , that from my photos the wheel arc and bullbar appear in perfect alignment whilst the latter would appear the bar is pushed back out of alignment. It might be the bar could be adjusted to a better position. ?

Here at the final product pics

You can see from this photo, that the bar needs adjusting up and forward a touch

SANY0136.jpg

Well here is the issue if we try to push the bar farther back it will cover the headlight washers. If you look in some of the above pics you will see we have about 1/4 inch until we start touching those. So it is as far back as we can go.

Slee- I am glad to hear that it is not that unusal for that size of a gap. I would also like to see a better sized gasket.
BTW That piece you see out of the winch is the rock guard I purchased seperately.

Like I have mentioned before, I love the way it looks, I just wish there was a longer gasket.

I don't think a disclosure is needed. It is standard to have gaps between metal bumpers and the truck. The factory can attach the plastic bumper because it is bolted, clipped and secured to the whole truck and will flex with the movement of the body vs the fame. When we disturb the mounting of the bumper by cutting 1/2 of it away you can not rely that it is going to stay put when you start flexing it.

I am not keen on how it looks, but hey, that is what they had to work with.

You are correct. I meant to go back and ammend that statement about "disclosure". I guess in actuality they did, when they describe the trimming of the plastic bumper cover.

:cheers:

Ok well I just spoke to Marc, one of the head engineers over at ARB USA and he was helpful.

I mentioned my concerns about the gap. He said that it was the correct size. He said that they when things were tested in Australia and here in the US that they saw 1/2 inch flex several times when they were going through their trials
That is why they have a 15mm space and he also said that it is NOT uncommon to have that amount of space.

I think we see that via Slee's comments.

As to why they didn't provide a larger rubber seal....he doesn't know. He suggest a few places that I should go to find one that would be to my liking.

He told me to be very conscious after I come back from wheeling to see if a more snug trim is rubbing and leaving marks on the ARB bumper and maybe even start rubbing away the powder coating. Also to watch to make sure the part that is left of the original bumper isn't constantly popping out.

About the parking sensors.....he laughed when he heard about that. He says the parking sensors are a PITA and told me what mostly likely is wrong. There are left and right sensors but even if they are set on the correct sides that they need to be oriented for the up and down correctly.

If all of that is correct, then he said to check the actual pins inside. He mentioned that they are easily bent and they ran into that issue with the Tundra sensors.

While I am writing this I just got a phone call from Jim, the head of ARB USA, and he was reading the email I sent, and this thread. He mentioned that they are going to be sending me some complementary flood lights to pop into those 4" holes that are empty!!

THANKS JIM, I appreciate it!!!

Ok well I just spoke to Marc, one of the head engineers over at ARB USA and he was helpful.

I mentioned my concerns about the gap. He said that it was the correct size. He said that they when things were tested in Australia and here in the US that they saw 1/2 inch flex several times when they were going through their trials
That is why they have a 15mm space and he also said that it is NOT uncommon to have that amount of space.

I think we see that via Slee's comments.

As to why they didn't provide a larger rubber seal....he doesn't know. He suggest a few places that I should go to find one that would be to my liking.

He told me to be very conscious after I come back from wheeling to see if a more snug trim is rubbing and leaving marks on the ARB bumper and maybe even start rubbing away the powder coating. Also to watch to make sure the part that is left of the original bumper isn't constantly popping out.

About the parking sensors.....he laughed when he heard about that. He says the parking sensors are a PITA and told me what mostly likely is wrong. There are left and right sensors but even if they are set on the correct sides that they need to be oriented for the up and down correctly.

If all of that is correct, then he said to check the actual pins inside. He mentioned that they are easily bent and they ran into that issue with the Tundra sensors.

While I am writing this I just got a phone call from Jim, the head of ARB USA, and he was reading the email I sent, and this thread. He mentioned that they are going to be sending me some complementary flood lights to pop into those 4" holes that are empty!!

THANKS JIM, I appreciate it!!!

Why are they giving you free lights? To placate you, or because you are such an early purchaser of their new product stateside?

Why are they giving you free lights? To placate you, or because you are such an early purchaser of their new product stateside?

I don't think to placate me. If you notice in my results post and I also made this clear to Jim, that I didn't think they were cheap or anything, I, personally, just didn't realize that they were not included.

He understood that. So I cannot explain more then that.

I certainly didn't ask for anything and you can see from my email to them that I didn't even mention the fog lights.

I don't think to placate me. If you notice in my results post and I also made this clear to Jim, that I didn't think they were cheap or anything, I, personally, just didn't realize that they were not included.

He understood that. So I cannot explain more then that.

I certainly didn't ask for anything and you can see from my email to them that I didn't even mention the fog lights.

I don't think you were angling for anything. I just thought it was strange to give you stuff.

I think they (ARB) were just being very accommodating...Good PR, like throwing in free lights doesn't hurt either !! :D

:cheers:

Looks awesome. I wish I could justify buying a 200. :frown:

When are you gonna take that thing off the 5? :D

Here is a pic of the first production prototype done by the factory. Also for reference it has a Safari snorkle, 2" lift at the front and 285/70/17 BFG M/T KM2's

DSC00014-758x587.jpg

Sorry about the glare, I took it on my mobile phone.

The interesting thing is that in Australia you can get the 200 with or without the headlight washers. There are 2 seperate part numbers for the bars to fit these, and the washer version has cut outs so the bar doesn't interfere with the washers. Mine has washers and I ordered the bar in Feb, and still waiting - 15 miles from the factory.

Here's the thing. ARB Australia say that the washer version has not been released and can they not give a date yet. I heard the tooling was just done late last week. That could be the problem.:hmm:

It would be very interesting to see what ARB USA have to say about that.

Last edited:
Looks great! Nice tires, sliders, bumper. Keep it coming man!

Terry,

I completely forgot you ordered those!!! Hey contact me if I need to settle up with you!!

BTW those control arms are going to be a few weeks to get in stock, so that August Date should be prefect!

Looks good!

What are the square holes for?

Cheers

For the Hilift Jack.

No need for that special ARB adapter now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom