Official 2017 Turf-n-Surf November 10-12 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[QUOTrthjax, post: 11231749, member: 128737"]Ummmm...guilty! My defense I hunt off the grid, sooo...its insurance[/QUOTE]
Well thats good if you see a confused redneck with a rusty bronco on a trailer stuck in the sand please stop and help him. I will be leaving him in the rear view;)

I have yet to go to a turf'n'surf and not see a train of land cruisers pulling a motor home out of or into the soft sand. If your tow rig is 4wd and you AIR DOWN and pick a smooth line it'll be no problem. Just a bit of advice, ask for help BEFORE you bury the tow rig and trailer in the soft stuff. If you start digging accept defeat haha.

Counting down to the best Land Cruiser Beach Party! Thanks Sethzilla! and Central Coast Land Cruisers!

Just made myself camping reservations at www.reservecalifornia.com since the Veteran's Day holiday may fill up the camping spots (search Oceano Dunes SRVA). Can't get enough so I'll be going down on Wednesday. You know Wednesday became the new Thursday when Thursday became the new Friday.

Here's a new Turf N Surf Moblist to see who's coming. Please feel free to add your own info:

Turf N Surf 2017 - Mob List

Cheers,
PismoJim

calisunset.jpg

Counting down to the best Land Cruiser Beach Party! Thanks Sethzilla! and Central Coast Land Cruisers!

Just made myself camping reservations at www.reservecalifornia.com since the Veteran's Day holiday may fill up the camping spots (search Oceano Dunes SRVA). Can't get enough so I'll be going down on Wednesday. You know Wednesday became the new Thursday when Thursday became the new Friday.

Here's a new Turf N Surf Moblist to see who's coming. Please feel free to add your own info:

Turf N Surf 2017 - Mob List

Cheers,
PismoJim

calisunset.jpg

That website seems to indicate you will be reserving a specific spot? No map was available when I checked this morning so does one just pick a random spot on the booking page and hope for the best?

There are no assigned spots just an allotted amount of campers. Reserve any spot on the website and then just camp wherever you'd like, all the cruisers are usually together. It's like a little Toyota city on the beach complete with roads between camps

Got my reservations and trailer rented!!! First time trailer on the beach, can't wait! Thanks for keeping it going Seth and Joe!

Same here! Glad someone mentioned about making reservations.

Where did you make reservations...It's showing full on those dates

Where did you make reservations...It's showing full on those dates

[EDIT: Oh you're looking at Jim's link, thats probably better after hours too!]

Not sure where you are looking but if you go to the OHV website for Oceano Dunes;

Oceano Dunes SVRA

Then scroll down to the paragraph on camping which states;

"Campsite reservation information can be obtained by calling 1-800-444-7275"

They had spots a few hours ago, and I would imagine you have to call during business hours.

GOOD LUCK! Post up and let us know if you get a spot!

Last edited:
. I just reserved a spot and there were plenty open spots. Scroll down and you'll find some available. That's on the reserve California site. It took me a second to figure the site out

many spaces left I just reserved a spot, scroll down as @cruzerman350 says

Saved a spot for the family, now time to pack for the trip. @simarro111 Don't forget your "Yeti" cooler.;):beer:

Hoping to bring the 200 this year. Haven't been in 8 years.

Just an FYI plenty of spots left, last year I talked to the ranger Friday evening and she said there was plenty of open spots left for the rest of the weekend but it's always good to have a reserve spot. See you at the beach.

Just an FYI plenty of spots left, last year I talked to the ranger Friday evening and she said there was plenty of open spots left for the rest of the weekend but it's always good to have a reserve spot. See you at the beach.
That's what I do for peace of mind. Well, usually.

:doh:

[EDIT: Oh you're looking at Jim's link, thats probably better after hours too!]

Not sure where you are looking but if you go to the OHV website for Oceano Dunes;

Oceano Dunes SVRA

Then scroll down to the paragraph on camping which states;

"Campsite reservation information can be obtained by calling 1-800-444-7275"

They had spots a few hours ago, and I would imagine you have to call during business hours.

GOOD LUCK! Post up and let us know if you get a spot!
Got a spot! Now to start stockpiling a decent beer selection...:beer:

6 days left to order the shirts and hoodies and coozies...

jus sayin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom