OFF Topic Not technical: my 21 day road trip In Colorado, Utah and Wayoming. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Regarding Teton and Yellowstone parks- I recommend spending a night at one of the hotels: Canyon, Lake or Old Faithful. Your schedule will be dependent on traffic- end of summer season is beginning so it may be easygoing. Yellowstone roads are laid out in a figure eight so you can make a loop without too much doubling back. Try to select 2-3 stops in one day and see the sights, don’t stop at every possible point. Definitely stop at Canyon for the upper and lower falls of the Yellowstone, also Mammoth headquarters for the original gateway and buildings. Photos of maps attached:
Yellowstone

IMG_0203.jpeg

Info on drives between points:
IMG_0204.jpeg

Teton
IMG_0205.jpeg

And for shopping in Wyoming Jackson is going to be worlds beyond the rest of the state, which pretty much only has Walmarts and ranch supply stores. Laramie is a little funky as it is a college town, but there isn’t much to see there.

Only random bar I know up there is now called the Last Shot off of hwy 119.
@JoeCova the last shot is a different place, it's more like a restaurant big building, the special thing in this place is the collection of hundreds shot printed glasses, this is the place? I remember it because when I got back home, I asked Irit to bay at Jerusalem Bazaar a few glasses printed with Jerusalem scenes and we sent them to them. never got a replay though.

Well… I for one 110% need to hear the end of this story! 😂.

I feel like you can’t go wrong in CO, except in the highly populated areas. Usually thick with Texans and Californians.

@mjosoba the end one Alfa biker scary dude came and sit near me and he and the barmen did not the answer So I told them

"F$^%g near water."

We all laughed and then he asks me very loudly so everyone could hear, what do I think about Colorado. The best place on erth to live he was a cool dude

I may have missed it. What days will you be in Utah?
@cruiseroutfit I am flexible in any case, any time before the 9th of Septembe. then I will be in Salt Lake City for the Yota event and after that we go home

I have full intentions visit you

At school or instructor? I went there in 2010.. been a minute. Be going right through in a few weeks.
Student actually, but I'm older than most of the instructors so...:oldman:

Last edited:
This is our second night on the road trip.
Colorado is fabulous. Everybody is so friendly and helpful.
We got a Jeep Rubicon with 4000 miles on the clock.
It will take me some time to get used to some funny traffic lows that are special to USA.
Driving left on Red
driving right on a green light
and the 4 way stop that is terrible
Walmart sucks, but Bass pro rocks. Got all the supply there.
Tonight we are in Berckenridge
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-21 at 19.03.47.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-21 at 19.01.18.jpeg

Only random bar I know up there is now called the Last Shot off of hwy 119.
I think he is talking bout the bar in rollinsville, it is old wooden building was painted red at one point
Used to live between it and the last shot bar restaurant.

I think he is talking bout the bar in rollinsville, it is old wooden building was painted red at one point
Used to live between it and the last shot bar restaurant.
Stage stop I think it was. Used to drive through there on the way to Ned for school.

I hunted elk out of Meeker for 20+ years. Some of my dad’s ashes are spread there. Rugged country. Hopefully you stopped at Clark’s for a burger and shake :)

Staying for CruiserFest? Need any ideas for a few days in Northern Utah? I’ll be out there on Thursday, God willing…

I hunted elk out of Meeker for 20+ years. Some of my dad’s ashes are spread there. Rugged country. Hopefully you stopped at Clark’s for a burger and shake :)

Staying for CruiserFest? Need any ideas for a few days in Northern Utah? I’ll be out there on Thursday, God willing…
Yes, I will attend the CruiserFest and would like to visit @cruiseroutfit

Meeker was a one hour drive from the cabin we rented so we drove there only once for a visit at the Laundromat and we didn't know about Clark's burgers.

The cabin we rented was on this guy's property along with the mountains around it. He suggested that we drive 4 miles up the mountain, he has 2 hunters Yurts up there. He asked me if I know how to drive off road and told me it was a not an easy trail especially after the rain.
So next day he asks how was our trip up the mountain, I said we could not go there because there were some scary signs that forbid entrance to the trail. He said look here you see that crick and the mountain beyond it? and you see that mountain? this is all mine! And if I tell you you can go you can go. It reminded me a scene from the Dutton Yellowstone ranch

Weather will be very nice next few days.

Drive to Park City (old town/Main Street) , park and walk around, shop, have lunch/dinner. Nice way to spend an afternoon.

Take Provo canyon to Sundance Mountain Resort (founded by Robert Redford). Ride the ski lifts up to the top. Have lunch at the base. The historic Owl Bar opens at 4pm during the week for drinks and dinner. Great place. Sundance is beautiful. If you are so inspired, take the zip line tour. It is fantastic.

If you still have the jeep, Wasatch Mountain State Park is a very pretty area and easy wheeling. You can stop by the Adventure Haus at the Zermatt in Midway and they can give you a little map and show where the trail is, etc. They also rent side by side UTV’s if you’ve given up the jeep.

Also, out of Midway you can take Guardsman’s Pass back into the Salt Lake valley. It’s the scenic route (all asphalt) and only open in the summer. Near the top, at Deer Valley, stop in for a burger (or whatever) at Stein Eriksen’s Lodge, or the Montage. It doesn’t suck.

Rent jet skis or a boat at the Joudanelle Reservoir or Deer Creek Reservoir.

If you golf or fly fish, I could make some arrangements for you.

Hopefully that gives you some ideas.

See you a CRUISERFEST Saturday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom