Off-road jack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Threads
196
Messages
4,664
Location
TN
Deal stolen from garagejournal.com


On sale for $280 and Coupon code 287835 for $50 off

IMG_4622.jpeg


IMG_4621.jpeg

A little different than the harbor freight version.
 
Thanks for posting. Would all four wheels being swivel cause a potential unsafe condition when lifting? I'm thinking shifting the load when using the jack. Maybe I'm overthinking it.
 
Thanks for posting. Would all four wheels being swivel cause a potential unsafe condition when lifting? I'm thinking shifting the load when using the jack. Maybe I'm overthinking it.
I think four swivels could definitely be an issue and I’ve never seen a jack like that. The one above only has a pair of swivels.
 
I think four swivels could definitely be an issue and I’ve never seen a jack like that. The one above only has a pair of swivels.
Apparently I’m tired. Thanks for the patient reply and handholding. :oops:
 
Almost.

Both jacks are rated to 3 tons and similar lift height. This has swivel casters.
I have the harbor freight one and like it except for its lack of front swivel castors. It’s just a bit annoying moving it around the shop. I really only use it as a shop jack as it’s pretty big, heavy and bulky to store in my 200. I have thrown it in the back of my Taco and used it on a trail. Sure beat using a high lift or bottle jack.
 
off-road jack.
Thank you @Shark56 for pointing out the lift capacity. This is a 1.5 ton.

IMG_6025.webp
 
Last edited:
HF 3 ton one on sale again only today (Oct 1) for $249 from $379. No coupon needed. The base price is up $60 since January.
The Northern Tool one is currently now on sale for $319 (showing "$30 off" while above "$40 off" was $279).
Screenshot_20261001_030226_Chrome.webp

So it's base price has increased $30 since January. This thread is an interesting demonstration in retail pain.

The Northern one is made by Strongway and available at other retailers like Walmart but is more expensive at those other stores.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom