OEM wheel specs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dnp

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Please excuse if this info is posted somewhere on the 120 forum. I performed several searches, and none provided the answers I'm seeking.

Does anyone know the offset and backspacing of the OEM GX wheel? I'm looking at other wheel options, and I want to know how they compare with the original wheels (trying to determine whether the new ones will require wheel spacers or not) Thanks.

17 x 7.5JJ
25 mm offset
5 3/16 in backspacing

per a post on LexusOwnersClub.

If you look at my pics in my thread I have -12 offset and 4.5" backspacing. It brings them out to an awesome stance (but will rub without a body mount chop on 285/75R17)

The wheels I'm considering are 8" wide with 0 offset and 4.5" backspacing. If I have my calculations correct, they should be fine.

By the way, I've seen a lot of talk about the body mount "chop" but I've seen no photos or real descriptions. Exactly ho much of that mount can be or is required to be removed?

With a 285 70 17 you should be fine. You will need to trim the wheel well portion of the sideskirts and heat gun / melt the front fender liner out of the way.

I think I have pics posted of my mount chop...but here is how much I got rid of.

12038570_10153263782453123_2414840781174198993_o.jpg

Does anyone know if a 16" wheel will fit over the front calipers?

I'm thinking of getting a set of 16" steelies similar to my Tacoma. Reason for considering the 16" is if I step down from 17" I can literally get a 5th wheel/tire for just a few dollars more than 4-17" wheels and tires.

The wheels I'm considering are 8" wide with 0 offset and 4.5" backspacing. If I have my calculations correct, they should be fine.

By the way, I've seen a lot of talk about the body mount "chop" but I've seen no photos or real descriptions. Exactly ho much of that mount can be or is required to be removed?
My rims are 0 offset and 5" backspace. Only mod I had to do was use a heat gun on the wheel well liner and a small amount of trimming on the running board with 285/60/18's.

Does anyone know if a 16" wheel will fit over the front calipers?

I'm thinking of getting a set of 16" steelies similar to my Tacoma. Reason for considering the 16" is if I step down from 17" I can literally get a 5th wheel/tire for just a few dollars more than 4-17" wheels and tires.

Fitting a 16" wheel requires grinding the brake calipers to fit. Even then you are left with mm's of clearance which can easily trap a small rock and machine your wheel in half. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

See this link for an Australian article on the mod:
Welcome to Land Cruiser Owners On Line

Thanks for the link, too. There is a similar issue running 15" on later 1st Tacomas and I was wondering if it were something like that. I'm wanting a steel wheel which is stamped and not cast. So there may be enough clearance...maybe. Since the tolerances are so tight, I'll try to pull a measurement off the GX and find a set of wheels to measure.

Even if it doesn't work out I could always run them on my Taco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom