oem top and bows (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anybody know the measurements for the bows for the oem tops I'm gonna make my own. :bounce:

I can't help with the measurements post '62 but I do know from experience that the hardest part of making your own will be locating an 1-1/4" on center radius die for a bender. it may be 1-1/2" OC, I can't recall right now

best of luck

Here you go:
frontbow.jpg
rearbow.jpg
midbow.jpg

could you tell me the width of the for 27 bottom bracket. (by the door jam)

SouthBostonFJ said:
What's your plan for the pieces over the doors?

Alex, could you modify one of the hard top door bows?

ElHefe said:

Not easily, but anything can be done when you throw enough time and money at it.

could you tell me the width of the for 27 bottom bracket. (by the door jam)

Sorry, I don't know and I sold my bow set last month.

Using hard top sides is the easy way to make the front bow and the strip over the doors. I have made a couple of sets and it takes about 25 hours the first time and half that the second time. I used 5/8 inch, 16 ga HREW square tube to make the soft top retaining channel by cutting a slot in it with an abrasive saw.

I had a write up on this in tech links, but I lost it when my server went down and I lost my back up.

I still have all the pictures.

Pin_Head said:
Sorry, I don't know and I sold my bow set last month.

Using hard top sides is the easy way to make the front bow and the strip over the doors. I have made a couple of sets and it takes about 25 hours the first time and half that the second time. I used 5/8 inch, 16 ga HREW square tube to make the soft top retaining channel by cutting a slot in it with an abrasive saw.

I had a write up on this in tech links, but I lost it when my server went down and I lost my back up.

I still have all the pictures.

I actually had the same idea for the channel. If you have time, there are tons of folks who would appreciate some guidance in building their own set own set of bows. :bounce:

I just need the measurements for the soft top its self. I will start producing these when I'm done, so if people want to buy them I will make them.

I hadn't gotten that far yet, but looking at your pics it looks pretty complex

Hell yes they're complex. My search for an old set of bows has proven fruitless. I'm wondering about making a much simplier design for the parts around the door. Don't have a donor top to cut up.

sizes

I really just need measurements for that origanal top and I'll have it done. I have ther resources to get it done. I WILL PRODUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom