OEM part numbers for female pins to use with a Toyota Junction connector (ie: J1...) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I'm deep in the middle of a rewire of my 100 and need to replace several female contacts that are used in junctions.

This is an example of one of the junctions:

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-24 at 23.08.09.jpeg

And this is the socket contact I'm after:

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-24 at 23.08.10.jpeg

I've checked a few Toyota manuals and can't seen to make any headway.

I have tried comparing the dimensions of the socket contact with Toyota part numbers, but the results are not conclusive - they maybe 1.5 type (possibly
82998–24350), however I'm not sure and to order parts to do a physical comparison will take a couple of weeks.

If you know for sure either the OEM or Toyota part numbers for these contact sockets please let me know.

Thanks.

can you find the connector # on the body somewhere on the female side of the blue connector. It should be 5 digit #, very small number.
2.3, 1.0 etc are all measurements on the width of the male terminal. like in the pic. Yours looks like it with your finger there for reference.
If you can measure the outside width of the female in your hand, circled, and it comes up as 2.5 2.7 or close to it they are 2.3 type.
Usually the connectors that come apart like that have a different type of terminal. It's hard to see in your pic. The part where the wire lays in would give better information.

With the connector part number it's easier to find the exact terminal and OEM repair wire. I've never seen a translucent blue like that.
I don't think I've ever came across a female that didn't have a number somewhere. Sometimes it's hidden.
I looked for 20 postition 2 rows of the junction type and didn't see any in the north america wiring book.
can't tell if thats a 11 or 10 positions per row. Book has tons of 11 X2row
Where is this connector?

pic for reference if you can measure either male pin or outside width of female.

PXL_20211024_220143388.jpg

This particular junction is on the "82136 - WIRE DASH" loom from a 2001 (pre 08/2002) vehicle. I've been using RM06H0E successfully for connectors (plugs and sockets) but not for a junction.

rear-view.jpeg

The loom has multiple single row blue & green junctions, however I haven't disassembled a green yet.

I've checked several times and on these blue and green housings I can't find any markings.

measure.jpeg

The width of female contact is ~ 2.3mm

manual-1.5.png

The closest I can find in the manual I have is this "1.5" (roughly matches the socket width).

sorry I couldn't be of more help. I don't use any of the 1.5, and you're probably correct on the size.

I've tried to match terminals with physical dimensions with what I have compared to the book. It's difficult. I'm maybe half right when I order what I think it should be. It's always been best for me when I find the right connector first and work from there.
Search through this link and maybe you'll
find something other than what you've found so far.

Thanks #jerryb and #suprarx7nut for the suggestions / comments. I'll try and post an update with the results of my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom