Odometer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody have an odometer issue? My odometer is currently stuck on 87200. The tenths of a mile column keeps spinning so I guess the cable is still good. Wondering if those can just have the glass taken off and with a small screwdriver just give it a little nudge ?

Several existing threads on this topic; search this forum.

If you disassemble this yourself, be mindful of tiny little bits that might go flying off and hide from you………. Not that I would know 🤣

……Update……finally had time to look at this closer. Odometer working great again. Just took the unit out and flicked it with a small screwdriver. Drove it around all day and back to normal. Should be good for another 45 years! Probably just a little stuck from not driving for awhile - pretty much what I thought. Probably be best before anybody buys all kinds of expensive parts to try this method - took like 5 mins to do.

……Update……finally had time to look at this closer. Odometer working great again. Just took the unit out and flicked it with a small screwdriver. Drove it around all day and back to normal. Should be good for another 45 years! Probably just a little stuck from not driving for awhile - pretty much what I thought. Probably be best before anybody buys all kinds of expensive parts to try this method - took like 5 mins to do.
As previously mentioned, the original grease that Toyota used gets gummed up after so many years so don't be shocked if it sticks again. It's actually not that difficult to disassemble and clean should you need to do so in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom