Builds Odinskind's build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Changed the oil/oil filter, installed a fumoto oil valve , and replaced the plastic oil cap with aluminum one. I discovered that whoever has changed the oil in the past did not use a filter cap wrench but I suspect that they just tightened it with 1/2" drive. This resulted in the aluminum 1/2 plug being nearly welded to the plastic OEM oil cap. I literally had to break the OEM cap to get the aluminum plug loose.

Had the 40" Apoc light bar mounted to the roof rack today. I also mounted the side lights. Now I just need to wire everything.

APC_0047.jpg

APC_0046.jpg

Lookin beast!
What size KO2's are those? Did you to Tundra front end? Can't remember, and you don't have a sig with details (hint hint... ;) )

Yea I guess I should update my signature. I post from my iPhone. I'll bust out the laptop. The tires are 285 70 17. I did not do the tundra front end but I'll look into it.

Yea I guess I should update my signature. I post from my iPhone. I'll bust out the laptop. The tires are 285 70 17. I did not do the tundra front end but I'll look into it.

Must be the angle, because the front tire looks bigger than that. I have same.

And ya, I do think its fun to see summaries of what people have done in their sig lines... :)

Edit: Hey... Aren't you supposed to be off in some sort of over-seas boonies by now? ;)

Must be the angle, because the front tire looks bigger than that. I have same.

And ya, I do think its fun to see summaries of what people have done in their sig lines... :)

Edit: Hey... Aren't you supposed to be off in some sort of over-seas boonies by now? ;)

Yup I'm departing for Africa in about 2 weeks or so.

I don't know yet guessing a month.

I've worked in Mozambique, Swaziland and South Africa. Curious where you're off to...? I'm thinking you won't say, and if so that's obviously understandable...but curious. It would have been a dream to have my Cruiser there with me. No such luck.

I'm going to the wonderful paradise known as Nouakchott, Mauritania.

I dropped the truck off at iron pig off-road to have some sliders built and welded on the frame. Also have some other little goodies on order.

I dropped the truck off at iron pig off-road to have some sliders built and welded on the frame. Also have some other little goodies on order.

Are you gonna install those South African, Anti-Car-Jacker Flame Throwers I've read about? ;)

Are you gonna install those South African, Anti-Car-Jacker Flame Throwers I've read about? ;)

I was actually entertaining the idea of wiring up a remote activated exterior pepper spray device. Wouldn't be difficult to do and would take care of pushy roadside window washers.

I was actually entertaining the idea of wiring up a remote activated exterior pepper spray device. Wouldn't be difficult to do and would take care of pushy roadside window washers.

That might even be legal. :)

I suspect these won't be for long:

Days before departing for Africa and I am very happy and confident in my 200.

The lights were a bugger to wire. I ended up with running two lines up both a pillars to accommodate all the power and ground wires I needed.

IMG_3167.JPG

IMG_3168.JPG

APC_0072.jpg

APC_0069.jpg

APC_0062.jpg

More lights and wiring.

APC_0063.jpg

APC_0060.jpg

APC_0061.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom