O2 sensor wire check OBD1 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_20210117_163959_489.jpg

Hey, I've just fitted a new Original Toyota O2 sensor, the truck side plug was replaced with this connector. Can someone check the wires for me as it's still throwing a code 21, the sensor I've replaced was all ripped and I couldnt see how it was wired originally.

Spent a long time searching and not found the exact answer to these particular Colours

I have Truck Side / O2 side

Grey / Black
Yellow, Red stripe / Black
Brown / White
Shielded Blue / Blue

It's an early 96 1fz-fe

Thanks!

I can't speak for the UK market, but your O2 sensor plug is completely different then the 4 wire plug used on my factory O2 sensor. The O2 sensors plug used on my truck (delivered in the US market) is gray plastic, and is a square shape, The one you show in your photo has the name TYCO embossed on it, and is a flat in in line 4 shape.

To answer you're question about correctly connecting the different colored wires on your O2 sensor. For that you should refer to a copy of Toyota's electrical wiring diagram manual that matches the year of your truck. Manual part number is EWD189U

Below you'll find a link to a factory Toyota service manual that's used to repair wiring harnesses, it lists all the factory part numbers for both male, and female plugs should you wish to replace the TYCO plug that's on your truck now.

Last edited:
Get your factory service manual and electrical wiring diagrams at the link in my signature. It’s invaluable.

this has all the info you will ever need

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom