November 18 Trail Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is the scheduled monthly trail ride for the club. The schedule lists "Buena Vista Area" as the location. If you have any favorite trails that can be run in mid November (Think Snow cover) please post up your ideas.

DM

Several of us explored the Platte river Springs area west of Lake George this summer and thought it might be a good late season run. It’s not super long and could be augmented with exploring other trails in the area.

Some ideas for the Buena Vista area include the 4 mile travel management area which is centered around Road 311. Also the road 300 network south of Chinaman Gulch Loop. I think the club might’ve done that network a year or two ago. Any, or all of these trail systems could probably be done in one day.

IMG_0147.jpeg

My favorites (south of 24/285) are FR 300 (Bald Mountain Gulch) with adding the loop FR300-B (Bald Mountain Loop) if weather permits; plus FR 187 (Bassam Park) down to FR 186 (Black Dumps) which makes a loop/hangman's noose on the south end (not illustrated on this map). Do 186 only if it is dry--the loop has a wicked muddy quagmire when there is wet conditions. (picture below is 186 when it's dry, and there's another two similar spots 200-yards up from this point)

20230824_170638.jpg

I finished up my spring replacement today, thanks to Vic's help... I'm planning to join this ride.

I'll be there.

Meet at the Divide Philips 66 at 8:00. We leave as soon as we account for the crew (8:15 ish).
Make sure you tell us you are planning on going by replying to this thread. If we don't know that you are wanting to come along you might get left behind.

Are we doing a second meet up point along the way?

We can do an additional meetup in Hartsel at 9:00 am. We just need to know if we are meeting people there.

I should be able to make it. I've done most of the trails around the 4 Mile system a couple years ago. I looked the suggestions Tracy made. That Bald Mountain loop was fun. My wife drove that part and she liked it.

I will meet up with the group at the gas station/convenience store in Hartsel at 9 o’clock.

I will be riding with COS80 and we will meet you in Divide at 8 o’clock, not Hartsel. We will be eating breakfast at the hungry bear in Woodland Park at 7 o’clock. Anyone is invited to join us if you would like.

5 people in 3 vehicles met at the regular time and left on time. We turned of CO285 on FR311 and drove through Chubb Park. The group passed through open gates at the entrance and exits that had a sign that told us that they would be closed between Dec 1st and April 1st. We followed all of the stub roads along the way. There were a couple of gates that were locked and we found a way around. We Went up Four Mile Canyon and saw the tunnels of the Midland railroad. After we got out to the main road we headed to Browns canyon and Drove FR300 to bald mountain loop and then continued on FR 300 until we aired up at CO 285. it was a great day to get out and see some nice roads.

DSCN1217.JPG

DSCN1220.JPG

DSCN1225.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom