'Nother 45 build/Resto thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, here are some pics of what it looks like so far. Still waiting for the one part to come in.
front frame.jpg
rear frame.jpg
rear side.jpg

And here is a pic of one of the old pistons in an engine that had been rebuilt not long ago. Ya right. And the next pic is what color i am painting it.
old piston.jpg
color.jpg

Krzy,

That sure is a pretty engine. Excellent choice of colors. A classic truck deserves a classic Cruiser color.

Mine is down at the machine shop now. I took it down ysterday. I ordered a bunch of parts and a few arrived today (radiator and clutch). I hope to have here up an running in a few weeks. I'll post some pictures when I actually make some progress.

Darin,

Good choice of color. :grinpimp: Is that a factory match?

I'll be cruising through Ft. Bragg in mid-April. If you're around and have some time, I may try to swing by and check out your shop and that SA-WEET 45.
406.jpg

Come on around. I will always find time for another cruiserhead.

And yes it is the factory color.

Well, again its been a little bit but still going forward on this thing. Got the tranny / transfer all installed in the frame for good now. Had to tear apart another transfer to get some parts out of it i needed but it is all together and good to go now.

Set the cab on it today to get a idea if all was going to be well, looks like all is going to be well. Started working on the dash modification today also. Will have some pics of that next time when it is all done.
100_5467.jpg
100_5462.jpg
100_5461.jpg

Mna i tell you what. One step forward ten stepps backward on this thing. Was going to try and shoot the underside today with that tintable bedliner stuff, and the gun i have will not fit the container. Its not just a regular type gun either. I have been messing with the dash for the past couple of days trying to get it to look right, think i about have it, will post pics later, going to go get the right gun here shortly.

Going to have to order some new yokes also for the front / rear ends. Put the 4 speed in this thing and would just be about as easy to change the yokes on the ends as it would to do the transfer. I will think about it for a bit though.

Let me know what you all think about what you would change. Heck i posted this build up on here so you all could tell me if you though maybe doing it a different way would be better. I'll be the first to admit i do not know everything there is to know about these things.

Here is a couple of shots of the start of color for this thing.
front under bed.jpg
side under bed.jpg

This stuff is not really too thick, but can be made to be pretty thick after a few coats. It is like 130 bones per shootable gallon though. Which is about average with the good bedliner stuff. We shall see how it holds up. Going to spray it on some plain metal next time and see what kind of abuse it can take.

It has gotten darker now today, will take a pic in a bit.

Got the guages in the other day. Also the wiring harness, boy will that be fun to do.

Went ahead and shot the bed in color, came out pretty good. Not too bad for my second vehicle, going to have to wet sand then buff it out but overall i am happy. Had problems trying to get the right amount of air / paint, so that was fun for a bit.
guages.jpg
side bed.jpg
side bed 2.jpg

Just got me some rims coming my way now. Got some original 16 inchers form another Mudder. I am stoked.

Well, again have been having fun with all sorts of things. If its not bolts then its something else. Was wet sanding the paint down after shooting it and took it down to metal.:mad: :mad: :mad: After i got myself back composed went ahead and sanded it all back down and turned it right side up and shot it again. Turned out alot better and a little thicker this time. Wet sanded it again and i think all is well. Still have to get one of those high speed polishers though.

Got the inside bed sprayed yesterday, looks pretty good, not too thick but not too thin. Not using this truck for work anyway.:grinpimp: :grinpimp:

Fixed up one of the holes the PO put in the floor by the gas pedal. :mad: :mad:

Got to figure out some seats now. Can not find a drivers side seat bracket to save my life around here at all. Going to just fab me up some brackets and put some buckets in here. Think it will look better anyway.:grinpimp: :grinpimp: :grinpimp:
100_5495.jpg
100_5496.jpg
100_5497.jpg

Last edited:
Well, again its been a bit but i have been taking it easy and doing ods and ends stuff.

Made me my own tranny hump as i could not find one yet. Got to find me an early model tranny hump out there.The one i made looks like it came out of a scout. It is really boxy.

Was going to fab up some seats and mounts but got lucky. Found some that had been restored years ago and put away for a lucky guy. Found them at Cruiser Solutions. Great people to deal with.

Been doing more work on the tub also, but no new pics just more body work stuff.

Last edited:
Again its been a few days since i last updated you all but here goes.

Got the body pretty much how i want it now so i went ahaed and put the liner stuff under it yesterday, and the inside today, well the first inside coat anyway. Some pics of it are attached.

Got my fenders in yeaterday from Dan.

Will be getting my rims in tomorrow, and hopefully getting my seats in by the middle of next week.

If all goes well might be able to put the cab on by the Weekend, keeping fingers crossed.:grinpimp: :grinpimp: :grinpimp:
100_5503.jpg
100_5504.jpg
100_5505.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom