'Nother 45 build/Resto thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got it all back together and still can not full unchoke it.:mad:

As soon as i full unchoke it , it dies.:confused: :confused:

Need some ideas here, am running out fast. I put some red silicone around the intake gaskets and took the round donuts down a bit so they would not interfere. It might be that i can not build a carb for anything but i think it is good. When i have it choked out and about 900 rpm it has about 19 on the vacuum guage.

Need some ideas please.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Timing?

Something else i noticed was it sounds like it is spitting and stutering thru the top of the carb, my webber on my 40 does the same thing. My 60 does not do it with the original carb though.

Dave, Can you tell me what #'s 40 and 41 are ?

That way i can figure out what passage is what.

I tell you when you pull 30 and 31 out it is easy, but to get them back in takes some time.

Here's the key to that image.
lbcarb (Small).jpg

Thanks Dave.

So i guess slow jet sub assy is the idle jet on this thing.

I am at a loss on this thing, it is officially kickin my 4th point now.

It now runs good, but we will not say what it was all along. If you seen my other thread then you will know.

Finally got off my 4th point of contact and made it legal.:D :D

Got tags for it today, now i can drive it out of my little neighborhood.

Running regular tags for now until my antique one comes in the mail.

Now i have to get some ideas for a rear bumper.

I think the one Mark of Mark's off Road has on his LPB is sweet looking. If'n I was ever to put one on mine, I'd model it after that.

I think i am going to have to get a better look at his then. I'll see if i can find some good pics, i enjoy fabricating things.

No update on this thread in over a month. What's up? Any progress made lately. Are you done? Must have more pics of that truck...............hook me up!

Sorry man.

Not too much done to this thing just trying to enjoy it for a bit until i redo some things i am not too happy with. I am thinking about taking it to a show this weekend though, not too sure yet.

Not done much with it.

Still want to do a few things to it but just driving it till then.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom