Wanted NOS Alternator 27020-61071 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERNRAM

SILVER Star
Threads
Wanted:

New Old Stock 55A Toyota Alternator
27020-61071 or 27020-61071-84

1984-1987 2F Land Cruiser

Looking for new in box from an uncompleted build or a wise hoarder.

Please send pictures.

Thanks
Ernie

Wanted:

New Old Stock 55A Toyota Alternator
27020-61071 or 27020-61071-84

1984-1987 2F Land Cruiser

Looking for new in box from an uncompleted build or a wise hoarder.

Please send pictures.

Thanks
Ernie
I will see if I can track one down. Will any other part numbers work

Last edited:
I will see if I can track one down. Will any other part numbers work

Indy,

That's the only part numbers I find for a 55A.
The one ending in -84 is a genuine Toyota referb.

I have look around at the online Toyota parts sites and 90% say NLA, and the 10% left are probably out of date. :(. I did submit an order for one that did not show NLA, but I expect the bad news on Monday.

So looking for hoarder storage.

Thanks
Ernie

Picture

Screenshot_20170326-071344.png

I have a new late 70's 50 amp, but not a 55 amp. I don't know if this guy would have it. He keeps telling me he has a lot of nos parts and then will take a month to get back to me. Try calling this guy in Idaho. Might be worth a shot if he will get back to you.
208-221-5695

I have a new late 70's 50 amp, but not a 55 amp. I don't know if this guy would have it. He keeps telling me he has a lot of nos parts and then will take a month to get back to me. Try calling this guy in Idaho. Might be worth a shot if he will get back to you.
208-221-5695

Thanks for the lead...

Indy,

As expected..... Alternator is NLA...i contacted both of your contacts, and one have responded....but no dice....

I'll look for refurbished

I think I got the last one. From Beno 1-2 years ago. It was a Toyota Japanese reman, in a Toyota box, and at the time, Beno said, "that's it" or something implying that Toyota was done with the rebuild program.

Why not take your existing alternator to a local auto electrical shop and have it rebuilt? The VR is available, so a set of bearings, the VR and good as new.

I think I got the last one. From Beno 1-2 years ago. It was a Toyota Japanese reman, in a Toyota box, and at the time, Beno said, "that's it" or something implying that Toyota was done with the rebuild program.

Why not take your existing alternator to a local auto electrical shop and have it rebuilt? The VR is available, so a set of bearings, the VR and good as new.

Your not interested in selling.....are you? Lol

No. it's running in my FJ60 as we speak!

My FJ40 is a 1971, but the 2F is from a 86 FJ60, so the plug is going to be a problem either way. I prefer to go with the internal regulator of the new style, but in a perfect world , a 1 wire version would be ideal.

Are there 1 wire alternator for LC 2Fs?

Glad I bought mine years ago. Here's what the box and alternator look like in case anyone is wondering

Sorry, not for sale

20190113_143003.jpg

20190113_143219.jpg

It ships without a regulator?

Did you try alternator rebuild shop near you?

I would think being in Austin there should be someone

Here in NY the Lib factory shut most of those places down because they don’t like when people do things on their own :meh:

I have since just opened it up and replaced the brushes on my one in truck and on my spare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom