craigslist Norcal FZJ80. Think it's a scam. Whos truck is this, it looks familiar? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"Old Man EMU lift and nitro shocks and GOODYEAR Kevlar MT/R LT 35/12.5/17 tires and 17 inch gold Fuel Anza wheels, with a fresh alignment. It has a deluxe ARB Bull bar bumper, and 12K winch. New upper control arms/ball joints on front suspension."

1996Totota Land Cruiser fj80 Lifted

00g0g_h1Mr8TVEKNi_600x450.jpg

i ran across that on eBay a month or two back. Cool 80 - especially @ $2000 lol

It is in Pocatello, Idaho too.

If I have to keep this up I may as well put my phone numbe on a billboard in every city! Please sell my number to all that will buy it! Are these people dumb or what?

Just interesting they have local numbers posted in all the ads. Usually it's a random number or no number at all.
And the title is different in that one, as well as a different picture. Seems like they're done by hand.

Be careful folks.

Same posted on Washington, D.C. Craigslist. Now removed.

JT3HJ85J3T0145722

Here's the response from "seller":

The reason I'm selling the FJ80 way below market value is because I'm in the military and my next deployment take place in two weeks. I drove the FJ80 only a few weeks when I was serving in Tampa, FL at MacDill Air Force Base. Right now, I'm in Alaska at Eielson Air Force Base, we're training getting ready to be deployed to Syria to help local forces fighting the Islamic State group. The FJ80 is currently stored in our military compound in Florida and will be delivered from there through our military movers company. We can deliver our POV (Privately Owned Vehicle) one time in a year for free. The delivery takes 3 days and all necessary paperwork required for registration will be provided along with the Land Cruiser.

Members of the military are often required to move from place to place quite frequently without any notice and not being able to meet the buyer, I've decided to use Amazon Payments. They'll be handling the financial side of this transaction. They'll be offering 15 days to inspect the Land Cruiser before I got paid. If you find it not right for you, you can simply return it for free and your payment will be refunded in a few hours. If you decide you want to keep the FJ80 (I'm confident you'll be satisfied with the Land Cruiser), you must contact Amazon and tell them to release the funds to me. Please keep in mind that we're both covered using Amazon.

Before we go any further, I want to be sure you're serious about buying the FJ80. So, for us to proceed on this transaction I'll need your full name, shipping address and phone #. As soon as you provide this information, I'll get everything started with Amazon. They'll get back to you shortly with all necessary steps you'll need to follow in order to make the payment and get the Land Cruiser delivered.

Best regards,

Here are more pictures of the FJ80:
1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 4X4 — Postimage.org

It's posted in GA too. SCAM all the way. Good looking truck though.

SCAM... this is a Florida truck, Jacksonville...

i Know the owner.

A dealership was selling it.. $18.000

Nice 80 for sure. The military scam is a classic one for Craigslist.
There was a very similar looking 4Runner, with pictures from under the same bridge on the local Craigslist. Someone is ripping the dealership's photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom