Noobie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
Hope i'm posting in the correct place. Just purchased a 1991 FJ80. Brand new to the Land Cruiser world but have been a long time admirer. I really had no idea what a huge following this brand has! It's amazing! Our 80 runs good but has some oil and exhaust leaks from what i can tell. My son (14) and i who don't know much plan to get into ourselves... i will probably be on here a lot asking for help/advice so thanks in advance! Cheers! J.

Welcome! First tip I would give in your learning process is spend time searching and reading. Seems that the search function on the forum isn’t always great, so try using Google, keeping terms simple, adding “ih8mud” or “ih8mud 80.” It’s amazing how thoroughly so many topics, big or small, are well covered here, but don’t be afraid to ask questions.

Baselining is most important, given the age of even the youngest 80. Tons of info in the FAQ including specific threads on what is included in that.

Amazing vehicles, not always cheap but not difficult to work on, so you’re in for a cool experience with your son.

Also, as per super serious official mud rules - pictures!

Last edited:
I suggest using Google, keeping terms simple, and adding “ih8mud” or “ih8mud 80.”

I always search like this:

"80-series tech" whatever search terms site:ih8mud.com

No matter how much you search, though, it seems like you never find quite what you need until *after* you ask about it and get told it's been discussed a million times...

Welcome! I remember those days. I lurked for about two years before posting anything. Lol! You and your son will have an amazing experience. Most important thing is to get out enjoy the less beaten path in one of the most capable off-road vehicles ever made. Those memories will last a lifetime.

Welcome to MUD. :flipoff2:

And the madness.
Good group of peeps here.

Hi all,
Hope i'm posting in the correct place. Just purchased a 1991 FJ80. Brand new to the Land Cruiser world but have been a long time admirer. I really had no idea what a huge following this brand has! It's amazing! Our 80 runs good but has some oil and exhaust leaks from what i can tell. My son (14) and i who don't know much plan to get into ourselves... i will probably be on here a lot asking for help/advice so thanks in advance! Cheers! J.
Hey bud, I'm in the same boat. don't feel alone! I too have a 91 with 228K miles, she leaks a little oil, runs great! I had my rig looked over by a guy in DFW Goodes Off-Road. he came up with a list of things I need to keep it running and safe for my family! at the end he said have fun and enjoy the ride!

Welcome to MUD and you’re new Land Cruiser @913FE !! Great way to spend time with your family. Enjoy !!

@913FE the first rule of Ih8mud is pics or it didn't happen.

Hi all,
Welcome!

Check out other "locals" here:

Depends on exactly where you are......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom