***Anyone know why i can upload a video?***
Hi All,
I’m having issues with my 2003 LC.
I try to start it and it does the click but no start. At first I thought it was the battery because I was able to get it to start by jumping it with my jump box.
So I got a new battery. Same problem.
I scoured the threads about the most common No Start issue, but as you will see in my video, the security light does go away when I insert the key.
I thoroughly cleaned, greased, and tightened the battery terminal area and the cable connections to ensure there was good contact.
I thought maybe there was a battery drain somewhere, so I tried the following first thing in the morning.
1) Before trying to start the truck, I tested the battery voltage and it read 12.47v
2) I then tried starting the truck three times, with no luck.
3) I pulled the AMR2 fuse and then reinserted it, hoping to reset the system (this worked in the past). Then tried starting the truck…no luck.
4) I then connected the jump box and tried to start it. It started.
When it started, I let it run for about 20mins.
Turned it off and then tested the batt voltage again.
It was at 12.68v
I then tried to start it.
First two key turns, no luck.
On the third turn, it reluctantly started.
In the twenty years I’ve had this baby, it’s never started like this. Always an easy turn and the auto start takes over.
I also tried a new starter relay (AutoZone
) with no difference. Then tested the original one I had in and it tested good, so I put it back in.
I’m in SoCal, so it’s unlikely that the fuse box got wet…but I looked at it (with my untrained eyes), to see if it looked like the was corrosion and didn’t see any.
Note: Starter was replaced 4yrs ago with a new reman Denso when I had the timing belt done.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Hi All,
I’m having issues with my 2003 LC.
I try to start it and it does the click but no start. At first I thought it was the battery because I was able to get it to start by jumping it with my jump box.
So I got a new battery. Same problem.
I scoured the threads about the most common No Start issue, but as you will see in my video, the security light does go away when I insert the key.
I thoroughly cleaned, greased, and tightened the battery terminal area and the cable connections to ensure there was good contact.
I thought maybe there was a battery drain somewhere, so I tried the following first thing in the morning.
1) Before trying to start the truck, I tested the battery voltage and it read 12.47v
2) I then tried starting the truck three times, with no luck.
3) I pulled the AMR2 fuse and then reinserted it, hoping to reset the system (this worked in the past). Then tried starting the truck…no luck.
4) I then connected the jump box and tried to start it. It started.
When it started, I let it run for about 20mins.
Turned it off and then tested the batt voltage again.
It was at 12.68v
I then tried to start it.
First two key turns, no luck.
On the third turn, it reluctantly started.
In the twenty years I’ve had this baby, it’s never started like this. Always an easy turn and the auto start takes over.
I also tried a new starter relay (AutoZone
I’m in SoCal, so it’s unlikely that the fuse box got wet…but I looked at it (with my untrained eyes), to see if it looked like the was corrosion and didn’t see any.
Note: Starter was replaced 4yrs ago with a new reman Denso when I had the timing belt done.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Last edited: