No spark (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is the part referred to as the IGNITER. I am sure someone on here will have a recommendation as to where to get one used. Not sure they are rebuilt?

My 60 is an 85.
OEM part number 89620-60060 ignition control module

My 89620 - FJ60 " Igniter "

- Just received a dial up of sorts after being carefully removed from a verifiable running 2F

- I replaced all the terminals , Green OEM YAZAKI connectors housings

- polished the 2 coil Studs and installed new genuine
NipponDenso OEM hardware anywhere i possibly could for good measure and current flow
across the board

- Fit , Form , = Function

- That’s the new snappy phrase of this JDM Thursday …. :D

14070C60-BF86-465E-AB98-1052E6B0810A.jpeg
E72CD259-08C0-485C-A3EA-262EDCF79A52.jpeg
40CBCE11-007D-4564-B755-7177114A685D.jpeg
A5A56B1E-B128-41CA-B4D9-D81E478870D1.jpeg

My 60 is an 85.
OEM part number 89620-60060 ignition control module
That's an igniter, I'd look for a used one, or find out if members are using some other igniter off another vehicle. Start doing some searches on google like "replacement igniter for fj60 ih8mud".

1647523487962.png

@RMR, you can edit your thread title. to the right there is a grey oval that says "watch" and to the right a drop down menu, click on the drop down and click on "edit thread" and you can change your title to something like, "no start issue bad igniter". May get some looks from someone who has figured out a solution to the NLA igniter, or has one available.

also check the classified ads. the link at the top tool bar. Look in parts section but also "parting out" section. You may need to reach out to anyone parting out a 60. Many of these guys are parting out multiple vehicle and don't list or picture everything that is available.

My 89620 - FJ60 " Igniter "

- Just received a dial up of sorts after being carefully removed from a verifiable running 2F

- I replaced all the terminals , Green OEM YAZAKI connectors housings

- polished the 2 coil Studs and installed new genuine
NipponDenso OEM hardware anywhere i possibly could for good measure and current flow
across the board

- Fit , Form , = Function

- That’s the new snappy phrase of this JDM Thursday …. :D

View attachment 2954803View attachment 2954804View attachment 2954805View attachment 2954806

Thanks @g-man. I changed the title of the thread. Unfortunately my 60 is at the shop so can’t get pics right now. I’ll do some research as recommended on the igniter and options via Google.

Also there is a thread in the stickies about using a GM modulator in place of the igniter. May want to check it out depending on how you want go with this. But the whole thing has got me thinking about trying to find another toyota vehicle that carries a similar igniter that IS still available that we may be able to adapt.

calling @4Cruisers, @ToyotaMatt ...did you work something out with a corolla igniter and an adapter?

Last edited:
While my igniter never acted up and always worked, it was always on the back of my mind when wondering what part on my cruiser was going to fail me in Mexico a zillion miles from anywhere.

Since igniter’s were long gone, the ‘best’ short term solution I came up with in case of an igniter failure was to use a brand new Toyota points distributor.

While these distributors use rubbing blocks that eventually wear out, at least the engine can run with one and you won’t be stranded.

below Amazon page in the "frequently bought together" shows a GM igniter, heat sink and silicone adhesive all for less than $50.00

Amazon product ASIN B079BPQGX6

Last edited:
Thanks @g-man. I changed the title of the thread. Unfortunately my 60 is at the shop so can’t get pics right now. I’ll do some research as recommended on the igniter and options via Google.

Also there is a thread in the stickies about using a GM modulator in place of the igniter. May want to check it out depending on how you want go with this. But the whole thing has got me thinking about trying to find another toyota vehicle that carries a similar igniter that IS still available that we may be able to adapt.

calling @4Cruisers, @ToyotaMatt ...did you work something out with a corolla igniter and an adapter?

My Igniter and Coil assy i Pom Pom,d earlier is available. And can be shipped out with usps overnight express mail option too

For those who are not aware , the current and very very stable stamps.com usps express over night service flat rate bubble envolope
Rate is and has been @ $23. Solid for over 3 years

That’s a insanely good value from 5pm EST here is DC

To

PST Portland Oregon by next days regular letter carrier delivery time window defies logic as I understand it to be ?

That igniter and coil assy will fit well padded and wrapped in the flat rate

Bubble with out concern

Considering a small flat rate 📦 box is now well over $10 +

The choice is a no brainer

Flip the switch and let’s go !

F288586F-4291-471D-921B-222A650D7A82.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom