No edit feature? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Great new look, and I appreciate the effort.

but....did anyone vet this software prior to implementation?

but....did anyone vet this software prior to implementation?

Really?

Supporting Members had nearly 3 weeks to review and comment.

I've personally been working on the import/layout/testing process since late December.

...and I've worked with the software on other sites for a couple years.

If someone could point the feature out to me I would greatly appreciate it... I cannot seem to find it

@AK101 - missed a setting during my permissions work this morning...10-250 post users have a 12 hour window for editing. The permissions are resetting now, and I'll confirm with your account in the admin panel to be sure.

thanks for turning on EDIT feature for me on my threads.

I then went and was editing my #1 post at https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/dougberts-future-350-swap-how-much-torque-is-too-much.541922/

to update my status and parts I have ordered, but when I tried to save it, it gave me an error: "Exceeded 20000 characters in the post"

mmmm, that hurts! lol

Post #1 in my build thread is the STATUS page for the entire thread (in my mind anyway) and I will continue to update it with more info until at least I finish the build.

Is it possible to bump my character limit up to allow more characters in that post.

I like this presentation of the website, I am getting better at using it.

thanks

dougbert

Thanks for the scoop and the hard work, I have no rush to get the edit feature, now that I know it's coming I'm more then happy to wait for the kinks to get ironed out.

Again, thanks!

maybe your not looking in the right spot? I was hard for me to find... its under your sig when you post

VVVV see pic below VVVVV
Untitled.jpg

Not sure I understand why 10-250 post users have a time limit to edit, 250 posts is a lot.. So I can not edit or delete a post at all? Locking my posts worries me.. I want to be able edit or delete them

@AK101 - missed a setting during my permissions work this morning...10-250 post users have a 12 hour window for editing. The permissions are resetting now, and I'll confirm with your account in the admin panel to be sure.

Hey woody, I have a post up on here in classifieds for an 89 pickup. I was just wondering if you could delete it for me, I don't have enough points to edit it myself. Truck has been sold and the thread has my phone number in it, which shows up on google search. If you could delete the post or even just erase the part where I put down my phone number, I'd appreciate it a lot. Here's the thread

For Sale - 89 Pickup-No rust/rot-New 22RE

Hey woody, I have a post up on here in classifieds for an 89 pickup. I was just wondering if you could delete it for me, I don't have enough points to edit it myself. Truck has been sold and the thread has my phone number in it, which shows up on google search. If you could delete the post or even just erase the part where I put down my phone number, I'd appreciate it a lot. Here's the thread

For Sale - 89 Pickup-No rust/rot-New 22RE

You could just "report" it to get the phone number removed. Sold items are NOT removed so folks can research prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom