Nitto - Trail Grappler M/T (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's a little comparison chart I put together. I am going to put the 285/70/17s Ko2s on for now. That's what I have on the Tundra and it is due for new tires soon. I can just swap them over and hopefully get the 285/75/17 ko2s when they are back in stock. That said, that size is listed on Tirerack.com website with a date, but is no longer listed at all on BFGs website.

I can just swap them over and hopefully get the 285/75/17 ko2s when they are back in stock. That said, that size is listed on Tirerack.com website with a date, but is no longer listed at all on BFGs website.

BFG's website is terrible for just spec'ing what sizes are produced for each model. The 285/75/17 size is still shown on the "Specs and Documentation" portion of the KO2 webpage, just not listed in the "Here are all the tire sizes..." portion where you can actually buy the tire. Makes sense, right?! No, no, it doesn't. Hoping that's just due to them being out of stock for the time being!

I wonder if anyone can confirm the actual real life dimensions of the K02 versus the Nittos. I know BFG is famous for under reporting tire size. So that may be a consideration as well… The specs I posted above were pulled from tire rack or NItto website.

I understand the chart, but I would use the cheapest price you can find for the tire. For example, SimpleTire.com which I've used before, has the 285/75 Toyo M/Ts for $1458. They're also running a 15% off deal so $1261 shipped for all four.

I didn’t do much price shopping. Prices are either from tire rack or tire buyer. Also prices shown are for a set of 5.

I had nitto and took them off in less than 20k miles. Tires were chewed off from two wheeling trips to Moab. Never again. I do like Toyo OC MT. I am back to KO2 now.

I use tiresize.com when I am looking at specs like weight and true diameter and all that. Then I usually double check somewhere else also.

It is funny what Amazon will list for diameter or weight or other specs sometimes....crazy stuff .

Remember tire diameter is measured unmounted at max rated PSI. Like a balloon, the tire will expand, so at the 40psi or so we normally run your diameter will be shorter, especially on E load tires rated to 80 psi.

I had the Trail Grapplers on a Tundra a few years ago.

My biggest complaint was noise. I had the KM2 before and after those Nittos and they were a much better tire IMO. Certainly less road noise. All say the KM3 is better than the KM2.

I have had the Trail Grapplers on for a while and as far as traction offroad they are EXTREMELY capable in almost all situations.

I daily drive mine and Onroad handling is good as well. Road noise is not bad for a MT but does start to hum as the miles pile on. Also expect to see your MPGs take a bit of a hit.

I have been really happy with them if for no other reason then their stellar off-road performance.

I know this site is literally named "ih8mud" but... what's the best option for mud? I'm in Arkansas now, in the Ozarks, and it's muddy. I was originally thinking of going ridge grapplers, but will they be enough for the all the freaking mud here?!

I asked a similar question a couple months ago. Answer was triple locked and real muds (treps, swampers). Reason 1: have to be able to spin wheels to clear the tires -> lockers Reason 2: Tire have to actually clear/clean when spun -> Treps, Swampers.

It seemed anything 'reasonable tread' in A/T or R/T(hybrid) or M/T was going to be constrained by lack of tire clearing/cleaning. So normal, better, best, but best may not get you where you want to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom