Nightshadow Pearl Blue Rollcall? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey,
I just got my second FZJ80, a 1996 to replace my dearly departed 1994.
Picked her up with "only" 150k miles and totally unmodified 1-owner, full service record history mall cruiser that was for sale for a grand total of 4 hours.
But the thing that really did it for me was that she was Nightshadow Pearl Blue, a color I had never seen in person and only a couple times online.

So, I was wondering, who else has one?

image.jpg

image2.jpg

Sweet! How much did you have to shell out for her?

Old client of mine has one. Love the color.

Toyota only made that color 95-97 for 80 series and you dont see them very often, thats for sure.

nice buy - welcome back :cheers:

I paid $5300, he had it listed at $5800, I think I got a deal since the only other 96-97's in the area have over 200k miles and are around $7-9k

It was listed on Craigslist for only a few hours, I saw it Saturday at 11:45am about ten minutes after he posted it and it was mine by 4pm, he had three people wanting to see it on Sunday but cash talks I suppose.

The family that had it got a 2WD Sequoia (I didn't even know they made them in 2WD) as a gift from the wife's parents and they wanted to sell that and keep the 80 but they couldn't see how selling the gift would go over well with them so he put it up for sale, and a few hours later it was mine and I'm so damn happy about it.

The leather is worn, big surprise, and the wood trim is a bit faded and starting to peel, again, big surprise, plus there's some tree sap marks on the hood but that's all cosmetic and easily DIY fixable (totally planning on a leather kit from Mr. AATLAS1X in the future) so overall I'm very happy with it. The only thing that would make it perfect was if it came with lockers, but we all can't be that lucky, besides, not planning on rockcrawling her anytime soon anyway, at least not REALLY soon.

good find, better price, love the color...

Nightshadow Pearl here. And the best color I might add :D. I actually haven't taken a picture of it yet so I'll get one tomorrow.

Color takes a back seat to function!

Ultimate camping machine, just back from week with wife two kids, 2 dogs and gear. Only got stuck once on the beach, high centered on a pesky drift log. I need 35" tires now so I can get stuck on bigger obstacles. The color attracted a man with a shovel! 15 minutes and on my way again. Factory lockers not much help in the sand when your front pumpkin is on top of a log. Very capable rigs, driver error still a factor!
lc stcuk 007.jpg

Lucky you, I called but the owner had "Just" sold it......congrats!:cheers:

Nightshadow pearl here, love the color, super magnet for the pinstripes though!

climb.jpg

Last edited:
Nightshadow pearl here as well.

IMG_0874.jpg

Nightshadow Pearl here as well. I wish I could say that my paint job was in a good state, but that is not the case. Oxidized, chipped, scratched, abused.
And it's funny that this post came up today, as I spent an hour this afternoon at a local auto paint supplier having the Nightshadow Pearl 8K0 base pigment blended for me.
The pure base pigment, wet and swirling around in the can, is stunning...so is the buzz from the fumes. It looks jet black on paper, but in the sun, as we know, it comes alive.
I have been prepping to line my rig with Al's Liner, and after playing around the last few days with various grays, metallics, smoke blends, light grays, dark grays, blah blah blah,
and not satisfied with any of that, I am going back to the OEM color as a tint for the liner. Heck, I spent nearly a year hunting down this 80 specifically in this color back in 01/02.
Soon to be a Nightshadow-Pearl-tinted-Al's-Liner-coating.

Here's a shot of the color book I took on my cell phone today while waiting for the paint guru to blend my pigment.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Last edited:
I am so glad I found one in this color...the only one I have seen in person...most I come across are Red, White, or Green.

OP, I remember when my rig looked like that! A few months later, and it became a completely different truck. Good find on CL, same place I found mine. Happy modding.

Based on the above pictures so far, looks like almost all of us have gone with blacked-out wheels. Interesting.

:cheers:

Steve

cyclosteve-albums-tahoe-june-2010-snow-picture14524-snow-cruiser2-before-water-crossing-baptism.jpg

Last edited:
Always loved that color. I bought my first one in 1996 with 6k miles on it. Here it is the day before I sold it. It was the truck that started it all. Ironically enough I just bought the exact truck at our swap meet this weekend. 1995, gray interior, no lockers, except this one has 248k miles and not nearly as clean.
IM000774.jpg
IM000778.jpg
IM000775.jpg

I paid $5300, he had it listed at $5800, I think I got a deal since the only other 96-97's in the area have over 200k miles and are around $7-9k

It was listed on Craigslist for only a few hours, I saw it Saturday at 11:45am about ten minutes after he posted it and it was mine by 4pm, he had three people wanting to see it on Sunday but cash talks I suppose.

Great price.:) You have to be quick on these things. The original owner of my :princess: LX450 just got done putting the ad on CL when I called her. She was shocked at how fast I responded.:D I asked her if it had the magic dial and she wasn't sure so she went out to check. It did so I told her consider it sold. I called in to work since I had a "Cruiser" fever.:D About 4 hours later I was driving it home.:)

Always loved that color. I bought my first one in 1996 with 6k miles on it. Here it is the day before I sold it. It was the truck that started it all. Ironically enough I just bought the exact truck at our swap meet this weekend. 1995, gray interior, no lockers, except this one has 248k miles and not nearly as clean.

Beautiful color with lovely mods to match.

heres my 96 with Cruise4070 95 FZJ80 sitting behind it
DSCF0661.JPG

Last edited:
Damn some beautiful setups here, Christo, yours is just about exactly what I want mine to be in a couple years, wow!

Well I guess there are two in the greater Seattle area, I thought I was it. Well I guess I have the only one locked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom