craigslist Nice '82 FJ45 in Anchorage, AK (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cool looking truck for sure. 56K? I dunno. I really don't like when people call a vehicle an unrestored survivor when it has been repainted. That is NOT an unrestored survivor. Nice truck, just not presented correctly.

I have seen really nice deals on 45's from @overton and he is here on Mud.

That's a really nice truck, but calling it unrestored is BS. Besides the repaint, looks like the undercarriage has been repainted, pick up bed is non original, neither is the headache rack. Not sure if the entire bed is original. New seat covers, etc. Like I said it is very nice, but come'on man.

Cool looking truck for sure. 56K? I dunno. I really don't like when people call a vehicle an unrestored survivor when it has been repainted. That is NOT an unrestored survivor. Nice truck, just not presented correctly.

I have seen really nice deals on 45's from @overton and he is here on Mud.
Note that the ad says "The odometer reads around 55,490 kilometers." That type of wording would make a lawyer proud. No representation is actually made that the odometer is accurate! That belongs in the FJ40 For Sale Ads - Observations & Translations! thread.

Also, I liked this juxtaposition: "clean, unrestored cruiser" / "Original 2F engine--has been fully restored to standard"

According to the CL ad it was a one owner vehicle, purchased in the lower-48. With a KPH cluster on a vehicle that was never imported into the US, one wonders what the back story is. Could be as simple as a Canuck who migrated south for the weather, or...?

Perhaps it was purchased by the seller in Sioux Falls, SD?

Nice looking truck but it appears to be missing the heater, bet thats nice during the winter in AK. This must be an unrestored jem from SA.

I think that the aftermarket A/C replaces the heater box.

Per the Nostalgic AC website:

"Complete heat air and defrost system for a Toyota Land Cruiser with a 2F engine."

But I think you are right that this may originally have been a General market vehicle.
  • North America didn't get FJ45-LPs in 1982, AFAIK.
  • Cluster in Km/h rather than MPH
Front disc brakes and OEM power steering would be unusual options for General market vehicles.

Last edited:
I hate hacking people up when their stuff might be legit. Kind of like the problem with "guilty until proven innocent " syndrome these days. That said, the seller sure gave a leave there.

People just add fancy words to their listings because they don’t know what they’re talking about and don’t realize that they are a Term of Art. Sometimes they’re also deliberately misrepresenting a truck.

“Restored” vs “Refurbished” is a good example. Most people would use them interchangeably, but to an enthusiast they mean very different things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom