Next club wheeling day October (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd love to be there but cannot make it. You guys have a blast !

Chris Saturday at Rausch is as far as I know a definite. Feel free to look at the Capital City club site for more information but as far as I know it's AAOA Friday and Rausch Saturday. Weather for both days looks good.

I’ll be wheelin at RC both days for anyone interested also check your Maplets I had an update on mine

Bummer can’t make this one, sorry for late notice. Have fun fellas looking forward to the report.

WDAB

What did Aaron break?

4055D09D-D0E5-483D-B991-B87C94928469.jpeg

Uh oh I’m guessing birfield but I have no idea because I’m an ifs guy I break cv’s.

On a side note I did rock my club shirt today in spirit of the club run.

Yup, blew up a birf. Replaced it and wheeled the rest of the day. :clap:

Yeah we had a very good day of wheeling. Weather was great but there was water running EVERYWHERE because of all the recent rain. Had five trucks, I rode with Crusha in his 80, Rob Matzell in his racer 40, Stump in his 40, Aaron in his 62, and to great guys from VA in an extremely capable exo-skeleton 4Runner. Enrique from Washington DC was there with his 100 series for his first day of wheeling and decided to park it and ride along, it was a good decision.
Dave from AAOA gave us a short update on what trails were closed and what is open due to the ongoing presence of the natural gas pipeline. We did the culvert trail (BA trail on the map) first and there was a lot of water running in the culvert. From there we drove out trail 50 to the bottom of Upper Anthracite. Got about three quarters of the way up the trail (with water streaming down it) when Aaron broke a birfield. We had to winch him out a side trail to a relatively flat spot where he replace it. Thankfully his spare was still attached t a long side axle and it was the right part for the job.
From there we went down to the entrance of Bee Line and tried it out. What a trail! Goes up and down and there are a lot of challenging spots. Most of the guys thought it was the best trail they've done at AAOA and it would be hard to disagree. From there we went into the top of Lower Anthracite, what a ride that was! Again, heavy water running down the entire length of the trail and a deep temporary pond at the bottom that had to be crossed to exit the trail. Had to pull a little cable to get Crusha's 80 in the proper position for one of the big rocks on that trail but we otherwise made it through without incident.
From there we went around the bottom and did Twister which changes a bit every time we run it. Water flow has obliterated part of what used to be the top of the trail where the neighbor had cut trees down to block the trail. We went down Barny Rubble and took the exit to the left out of that trail. Did the hillclimb off the main trail and picked up trail 10 heading in the direction of the staging area. Surprise! The trail dead ended at the pipeline construction. It was easy enough for us to get onto the pipeline and drive down to the main trail to continue our ride to trail 28. Rob wanted to try Renee's Hill and made it up without too much trouble. Awesome. That was it for the day by that time it was 4:15 and I believe everyone was ready to head out. All in all a very interesting day on the trails.

I wasn't sure if I was going to make this one but I showed up with my boys Friday night around 8:30 and joined Aaron, Andy M, Burl, Bart, Felix and Stump around the fire. After a cold night sleeping in the back of the 80 we had a short but great morning of wheeling with Andy and Vince! we had to leave around 12:30 to make it to a hockey game but just before heading out my son Moses got some video of Andy going up the washout.

^^^ Andy wheeling while reading the paper, sipping a coffee and texting. Where's all the pics? I need to live vicariously through the rest of the group since my truck just sits.

It would have been a bad trip for me anyway if I had made it. Got a call from work at 7am that one of my college kids cut her hand and had to go to the ER and get glued together. I ended up going in to cover her. Not how I planned to spend the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom