Next Club Run Is Saturday January 12th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

THIS is supposed to be better than the factory plug, ran them for a long time and didn't lose any.

Maybe a permenant loctite would do the trick, but there is an awful lot of torque put on the plug if you're sliding it over a rock with the weight of your truck! I'd worry that it is a false sense of security...

That said, mine is welded this time around. If you have the axle housing out for any reason, weld it!

I ordered the low profile drain plug with the Allen. Im going to check it after each day of wheeling. If it comes loose again it is getting a hard tach weld to hold it. The metal protector around my front and rear drain plugs are worn down to the plug so im going to build that back up and use a low profile drain plug and check it. I got it all pulled apart yesterday. Ring and pinion turned blue it was smoking pretty bad out of the drain plug when i got home the other day. Also blued the inner pinion bearing. So ring pinion, inner bearing, crush sleeve, nut, two axle seals and like a car payment later and it should be running next week. Still need a front drive shaft going to run it around town dented.

I'm 99% now, so I will see you guys at 830!

You all take have a blast. I'm turning wrenches this weekend.

5+kdqlHPQcmUMRqbOs%1Aw.jpg

Hope to make it next time.

@Crusha My brother (ick--a Jeeper) and I are thinking of coming out to RC or AOAA tomorrow, but we probably can't get to AOAA and be aired down until about 11. Is it worth trying to find the group? We'll have a CB and a couple FRS handhelds to communicate, along with cell if it works.

If you want late arrivals, who should I contact and on what frequency, channel, cell number?

Ken
215-287-0970

Ugh, I just realized I have no radio.

Is it worth trying to find the group?

Can't hurt, and I'm pretty sure we can meet somewhere. Worst thing that happens is you guys wheel AOAA by yourselves.

I'll PM you my phone number.

As usual, I'm figuring to stop for breakfast at Myrtle May's restaurant in Minersville on my way to go wheeling. It's right on the main street (route 901) on the right as you're traveling uphill toward Anthracite. Figure to get there by 7:10 or so, it's about a 20-25 minute drive from there to Anthracite. Allowing 45 minutes for breakfast would get us to AAOA before 8:30. Greg, Vince, and I have stopped there in the past and the chow is acceptable.

As usual, I'm figuring to stop for breakfast at Myrtle May's restaurant in Minersville on my way to go wheeling. It's right on the main street (route 901) on the right as you're traveling uphill toward Anthracite. Figure to get there by 7:10 or so, it's about a 20-25 minute drive from there to Anthracite. Allowing 45 minutes for breakfast would get us to AAOA before 8:30. Greg, Vince, and I have stopped there in the past and the chow is acceptable.

I'd say the food is better than acceptable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom