Newbie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ron R

Drive a Landruiser, enjoy life
Threads
Website
www.ourwebspot.nl
Hi, listers.

Having visited this forum every now and then I decided to subscribe and therefore a short introduction.
I'm a retired pilot, living in the Netherlands. 4wheeling for about 15 years now. First owned a Nissan King Cab (5 years) and now my HZJ 73 for almost 11 years.
Mostly active in Europe ( France, Spain, Portugal, Scandinavia) sometimes to Africa. Recently had a trip to Kazakhstan and Morocco.
All the maintenance I do by myself, except the engine-oil exchanges. Apart from wheeling and wrenching I like geocaching, do a Confluence-report every now and then, messing around on my computer and many more things.
And here's my cruiser:
cruiser-IH8mud_red.jpg

Hi Ron and welcome. I cant say Ive seen too many 73 coloured like yours.
Is the FRP roof modified or is it the pic?
So youve owned it from new,I bet the rest of us had that luxury;)

Hi Ron and welcome.

Thanks !

I cant say Ive seen too many 73 coloured like yours.
Is the FRP roof modified or is it the pic?
So youve owned it from new,I bet the rest of us had that luxury;)

The color is original. It looks a bit dark on this picture I think, maybe because I reduced the colordepth to reduce the file.

The FRP-roof is modified. It's a tax-issue. A bit complex to explain but when the cargo-bay has certain dimensions you pay less taxes.:doh:

Ehh, good deduction and arithmatic, but no, it was not not brandnew when I bought it. It was about a year old. Couldn't afford a new one. Also traded the Nissan. ;)

geocaching
i started doing this recently, it is a lot of fun and usually beautiful spots are used to hide the items.
nice rig and welcome to the group.
cheers

Welcome to the forum Ron.
Nice cruiser..

Thanks everyone for the kind words!!

Hope to find and give some help every now and then!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom