SOLD New York 12540. 1982 bj 42 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
1982 bj 42 . Canadian 24v 15 years, 13888 miles on rebuilt 3b. Aqualu tub . Factory wheels . Trans, transfer case rebuilt by marlin Crawler. Brakes clutch , front hubs done at time of rebuild 2005-6 . Garaged since I’ve owned it never driven in winters. I did use it to plow my drive . Gages stereo etc. . HFS 4” lift. Rear seat heater, custom center console. Solar converter. Power steering. Paint chipped a bit but never driven off road. Front corner of hood needs a bit of repair . It was re done 15 years ago and could use a freshening up but nothing major . Honest truck runs well , turbo and five speed was planned but life diverted me. $28500 Call me 9144897174 if SERIOUS.

2079D827-59E0-4FBC-9CE4-6AE80161719D.jpeg

BC274245-4A84-462A-9E75-ED20B2FECEC9.jpeg

90EDAA5B-31BE-4F4D-936E-A9C8A1FFC001.jpeg

6788C92C-589A-4BBC-BBA6-B16AB11D7A9B.jpeg

7E364A3D-8FBD-410C-A738-676D29DAEC14.jpeg

nice cruiser, if this was located north of the border I would be interested...…
im curious what is the pump located on the passenger side of the thermostat housing that doesn't have a belt on it? was this truck rigged for a plow or possibly some kind of hydraulic winch>?> or is that power steering pump??
pretty cool

Last edited:
The only real use of the cruiser for the last six years , aside occasional local sunny day joyrides , has been to plow my driveway . It comes with the old Meyers plow if you want it . The empty pulley is the plow pump. The controls are two knobs on the lower left side of the instrument panel . I really feel this cruiser is too nice to be relegated to snow plowing. I would like to see it go back out west or somewhere they don’t salt the roads . By the way , it came from BC Canada. I have all the records back to it’s last Canadian owner. Also Toyota manuals , land cruiser, and 3b , and wiring .

64B460E3-19E5-4037-96A3-1CEEB9CEC85C.jpeg

Hello again , just got the cruiser out of the shop , had the body off too Paint the frame. Everything is solid ! Thought I’d add some more pictures

307D3384-1CA2-4E40-BCFD-7CB4A176428D.jpeg

79B90D30-E5B6-4550-B038-42A8D492012B.jpeg

941287DB-EA79-40F0-991D-65707D540C1D.jpeg

FD4D190A-D052-481B-87CF-54254512561A.jpeg

F0C9A716-88D6-4582-A336-44CF85F1D4AE.jpeg

Oops , forgot to say, I have an Aqualu tailgate for this when I took the top off for the summer , it’s included in the sale.

Oops , forgot to say, I have an Aqualu tailgate for this when I took the top off for the summer , it’s included in the sale.
I thought I’d add a list of equipment that I’ve finally rounded up and put in one pile after all these years. It is all included in the sale .

Aqualu tailgate and all hardware.
spare water pump and thermostat. New never used
Set of new seat belts
Assorted brake parts
Bikini top
2mirrors for use with bikini top
High lift jack , new never used
Set of spare 24v bulbs
Set of rear speakers that mount on tailgate
24v battery charger/maintainer
Locking, adjustable height trailer hitch two balls
Spare set of glow plugs,new.
assorted relays
12vfuse panel in glovebox runs off solar converter
TOYOTA MANUALS - chassis and body , 3b engine , and electrical diagrams.

I thought I’d add a list of equipment that I’ve finally rounded up and put in one pile after all these years. It is all included in the sale .

Aqualu tailgate and all hardware.
spare water pump and thermostat. New never used
Set of new seat belts
Assorted brake parts
Bikini top
2mirrors for use with bikini top
High lift jack , new never used
Set of spare 24v bulbs
Set of rear speakers that mount on tailgate
24v battery charger/maintainer
Locking, adjustable height trailer hitch two balls
Spare set of glow plugs,new.
assorted relays
12vfuse panel in glovebox runs off solar converter
TOYOTA MANUALS - chassis and body , 3b engine , and electrical diagrams.

Want to add a note - I was contacted by a guy from Colorado to buy the cruiser, wanted to pay me via PayPal , in a big hurry. ITS A SCAM!

Bump I’m asking $28k. And if I don’t sell it in a month it’s going back to plowing my drive

Nice. Looks like an FJ60 steering wheel, or did 40's come with this too?

@cruiser muser Hey man, I've been trying to find out who owns this. I havent been on this site since I sold mine a couple months back and figured I would drop in to see what was available. I live in Stanfordville and passed you on Hunns Lake rd one day. Turned around to try and find you but couldnt. Then over the weekend (I think it was), you were in the village of millbrook, right? Turned around to go talk to you but you already left the parking lot by the liquor store. I would love to check this out one day and could possibly have a buyer lined up for you. Reach out if its still available.

@cruiser muser Hey man, I've been trying to find out who owns this. I havent been on this site since I sold mine a couple months back and figured I would drop in to see what was available. I live in Stanfordville and passed you on Hunns Lake rd one day. Turned around to try and find you but couldnt. Then over the weekend (I think it was), you were in the village of millbrook, right? Turned around to go talk to you but you already left the parking lot by the liquor store. I would love to check this out one day and could possibly have a buyer lined up for you. Reach out if its still available.

Hey, I have a person interested in the cruiser , the deal is pending, I will keep you posted. Thanks , Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom