New Years wheeling.... anyone interested Dec 28th or 29th? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
Posting up to see who would be interested in hitting the trails on either Dec 28th or Dec 29th.

@SammyT96LX450 and I are open either dates. Who else?

As far as where we go, we have some option. We typically make this a day trip, so Kansas Rocks is an option, but the mud down there can be a negative. We could go to Tuttle Creek -- just looked and they are almost down to normal lake level.

So who is interested and what day works better for you?

I’m not sure we will be back in town by the weekend, but if you wanted to do the 1st we would definitely be in.

I'm up for going - probably either day; have to get the okay from the boss...BTW I was out at Tuttle Creek today and the water is back down like you mentioned. It is a little muddy but pretty much all trafficable.
IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0233.JPG

I should be able to make the 29th work if that’s the date.

Merry Christmas! We’d join but we’re doing this
BCC77F85-8264-4436-8C0E-E2B4012DAE16.jpeg

Given the wet weather expected this weekend, talked with Sammy and we are thinking we should postpone this trip.

I am not going to be able to make this weekend. If you all go, have fun. If you reschedule I will plan on making it.

Have you guys ever heard of the Kickapoo trail? Trail start is about an hour from here and isn’t overly technical. From what I hear, the most difficult part is that it’s muddy following a rain. Aside from a massive mess on Sunday, could be kind of fun to do. Leave in the morning, grab lunch out there, and head back.

Have you guys ever heard of the Kickapoo trail? Trail start is about an hour from here and isn’t overly technical. From what I hear, the most difficult part is that it’s muddy following a rain. Aside from a massive mess on Sunday, could be kind of fun to do. Leave in the morning, grab lunch out there, and head back.
I saw the KC Toyota club post something about it - Dakota said it’s a series of low maintenance roads from Leavenworth to Wathena. There’s a YouTube vlog with some kid in a jeep doing it. Looks scenic

I saw the KC Toyota club post something about it - Dakota said it’s a series of low maintenance roads from Leavenworth to Wathena. There’s a YouTube vlog with some kid in a jeep doing it. Looks scenic
It's basically driving gravel roads. There is nothing technical to it at all. There is one place that has a little mud after a rain, but you have to work at making it hard. My son and I drove it a couple years ago for his first outing in his truck and it was a scenic view. We stopped along the way to smoke a cigar and shoot a pistol.

We encountered a LARGE group (30+) of the Konza folks on our way back. It was like watching old tourists at a rest stop.

From what I's read is just a series of farm roads, and the locals are getting rather mad at the level of damage from large groups especially after it rains.

I'm all for treading lightly when it comes to trails that are primarily used for OHVs and, especially, for those that make their livelihood on those roads. No need to rut those things up and make them more difficult for those guys.

Unintended benefit - we don't have to clean all that rocky mud off the underside of the vehicles.

From what I's read is just a series of farm roads, and the locals are getting rather mad at the level of damage from large groups especially after it rains.
When we went almost two years ago, that's how I felt about it as well. Even though it wasn't hard, those areas that were muddy, people would year hell out of it.

I grew up on the intersection of a level B service road and we used that road for farming. I chased many four wheelers off that road with a tractor.

Therefore, I don't do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom