New tub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
How much work and what's involved in put a new tub onto a '67 FJ40. Mine is all beat up, the rear corners are all bondo and the lip where the top is supposed to attach is all beat up and uneven. Do I spend money on the existing sheet metal or just go for the whole tub?

Peter

I'm going to have to have someone else do a great deal of it, certainly any welding required if I ever want to get it done. I want a serviceable back of my rig. Right now it is all bondo and just putting a tank fill in was a nightmare and it looks like hell because there was so much bondo - like a 1/4 inch across the entire rear corner. And I'd like to be able to put the hard top on without feeling like I wrestling a large anaconda.

I'm going to have to have someone else do a great deal of it, certainly any welding required if I ever want to get it done. I want a serviceable back of my rig. Right now it is all bondo and just putting a tank fill in was a nightmare and it looks like hell because there was so much bondo - like a 1/4 inch across the entire rear corner. And I'd like to be able to put the hard top on without feeling like I wrestling a large anaconda.

If you are farming the work out, a clean replacement tub or aqualu is a pretty economical way to do it. If you can find someone who knows 40s it will help with the cost as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom